Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Saturday Night Live Has Promoted Leslie Jones to Cast Member (From BuzzSugar. 20 October 2014, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Leslie Jones Promoted to 'Saturday Night Live' Regular Cast Member (From ShadowAndAct. 20 October 2014, 4:38 PM, PDT)
- 'Saturday Night Live' adds Leslie Jones as castmember (From EW.com - Inside TV. 20 October 2014, 4:37 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Idris Elba’s ‘Bastille Day’ Goes Into Production in Paris (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2014, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Hasbro Working on 'My Little Pony' Movie (From The Hollywood Reporter. 20 October 2014, 11:53 AM, PDT)
- 10 Cool-Sounding Upcoming Movies That We Really Don’t Need (From Obsessed with Film. 20 October 2014, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Final: ‘Fury’ Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; ‘Book Of Life’ At $17M; ‘Gone Girl’ $100M+; ‘Best Of Me’ $10M – B.O. Final (From Deadline New York. 20 October 2014, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron Size Chart Teases Hulkbuster Size (From GeekTyrant. 20 October 2014, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- 'Avengers 2' Will Have More Visual FX Than Any Other Marvel Movie (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2014, 11:20 AM, PDT)