Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Tracy Morgan: "I Went to the Other Side" During Coma, Spoke to God (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 November 2015, 4:01 PM, PST)
- Football, Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade Score Big Ratings Thursday (From Variety - TV News. 27 November 2015, 12:52 PM, PST)
- Amy, Marlon, Janis and Kurt's Documentaries Raise Ethical Questions (From FilmExperience. 27 November 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- With Year-End Kudos, Critics Can Widen Oscar’s Playing Field (From Variety - Film News. 27 November 2015, 6:30 PM, PST)
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce (From Deadline. 27 November 2015, 12:32 PM, PST)
- Krampus Movie Soundtrack By Composer Douglas Pipes Available Dec. 4 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 November 2015, 11:39 AM, PST)
- New Captain America Civil War First Movie Trailer Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 27 November 2015, 12:14 PM, PST)
- The Russos talk Captain America: Civil War (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 9:59 AM, PST)
- "Captain America: Civil War" - Close On 'Crossbones' (From SneakPeek. 26 November 2015, 8:05 AM, PST)