Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Giving Up on Being Part of Mean Girls 2 (From E! Online. 20 February 2017, 12:31 PM, PST)
- Writers Guild Awards 2017: Complete Winners List! (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 February 2017, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Writers Guild Awards: FX Wins Big With Atlanta, O.J. and The Americans (From TVLine.com. 19 February 2017, 8:20 PM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- ‘Logan’ Tops Studios’ TV Ad Spending (From Variety - Film News. 20 February 2017, 12:29 PM, PST)
- The Fate of the Furious may have a 160-minute runtime (From Flickeringmyth. 20 February 2017, 12:25 PM, PST)
- Atlanta Now Casting: Background in ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ and More Gigs (From Backstage. 20 February 2017, 11:30 AM, PST)
- 2017 Oscar Previews: Part 1 (From Cinelinx. 20 February 2017, 2:41 AM, PST)
- New Avengers: Infinity War Logo Unveiled (From MovieWeb. 18 February 2017, 1:10 PM, PST)
- The Last Oscar Week (From FilmExperience. 17 February 2017, 8:00 AM, PST)