Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Saturday TV Ratings: Dateline Saturday Night Mystery, College Football, 48 Hours (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 November 2014, 2:31 PM, PST)
- Scoop: Craig Robinson's NBC Comedy Adds Greek Grad Spencer Grammer and A to Z's Lenora Crichlow (From TVLine.com. 23 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- 'SNL': Cameron Diaz Raps (Watch) (From Access Hollywood. 23 November 2014, 11:34 AM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Update: Universal Unveils Cryptic Teaser for 'Jurassic World' (From LatinoReview. 23 November 2014, 10:11 AM, PST)
- 'Jurassic World' Trailer Preview Reveals First Movie Footage (From MovieWeb. 23 November 2014, 9:58 AM, PST)
- Watch: ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser Takes Look Back at the Original (From Variety - Film News. 23 November 2014, 9:53 AM, PST)
- "Gone Girl's" Rosamund Pike To Receive Major Palm Springs Film Fest Award! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 21 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Rosamund Pike to receive Palm Springs Film Fest’s Breakthrough Performance Award (From Hitfix. 21 November 2014, 11:47 AM, PST)
- Palm Springs to honour Rosamund Pike (From ScreenDaily. 21 November 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)