Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Saturday TV Show Ratings: Bet on Your Baby, 48 Hours, 20/20 (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 May 2013, 1:44 AM, PDT)
- Watch Stefon's Big Farewell (and Wedding) on SNL! (From BuzzSugar. 19 May 2013, 6:52 PM, PDT)
- Mediocre SNL Season Finale Well-Hosted by Ben Affleck As Several Regulars Depart the Show (Clips) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 19 May 2013, 4:49 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- 'Into Darkness' Boldly Goes Where 2009's 'Trek' Went Before (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 19 May 2013, 5:37 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fast & Furious 6′ Breaks Records In UK-Ireland Before Begins Global Rollout May 24 (From Deadline Hollywood. 19 May 2013, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil Director Will Take on Little Evil (From GeekTyrant. 19 May 2013, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex - Man of Steel, The Avengers 2, Iron Man 3, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Justice League, Booster Gold, Wonder Woman, The Incredibles 2 and more (From Flickeringmyth. 19 May 2013, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner 'still part of Marvel family' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 May 2013, 3:11 AM, PDT)
- Hawkeye, Volume 1: My Life As A Weapon Review – Matt Fraction (From Obsessed with Film. 19 May 2013, 2:58 AM, PDT)