Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Tracy Morgan takes questions on Reddit: 'If you love me, I love you back' (From The Guardian - TV News. 17 April 2014, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- Tribeca Exclusive: 'SNL' Players Featured in Stills for Raucous Sports Drama Parody 'Intramural' (From Indiewire. 17 April 2014, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- The 20 Best Summer Blockbusters of All Time: 'Animal House' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 17 April 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Kevin Feige confirms that Marvel has the rights to Kingpin and Elektra (From Flickeringmyth. 17 April 2014, 4:59 AM, PDT)
- 10 Reasons Why The Scarface Remake Shouldn’t Happen (From Obsessed with Film. 16 April 2014, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- Paul Walker’s brothers to help finish Fast & Furious 7 (From Flickeringmyth. 16 April 2014, 1:43 AM, PDT)
- 'The Immigrant' Trailer with Marion Cotillard and Joaquin Phoenix (From MovieWeb. 17 April 2014, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Immigrant’ Trailer: Marion Cotillard Chases the American Dream (From Slash Film. 17 April 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Gorgeous New Trailer for James Gray's 'The Immigrant' Rudely Welcomes You to America (From Indiewire. 17 April 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)