Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Andy Samberg Wears a Strange Bubble Suit on Jimmy Kimmel Live, But for a Very Good Reason (From E! Online. 3 July 2015, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- You need to see Tetris and Donkey Kong vs Adam Sandler in crazy new Pixels trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 July 2015, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Indie Spotlight: ‘Almost Asian’ Lives Between Two Worlds (From Tubefilter News. 3 July 2015, 11:02 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Jurassic World: Ty Simpkins Talks Landing His Role, the Gyrosphere, and More (From Collider.com. 3 July 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Jackson Returns! Two-Time Oscar Winner and Former Labour MP to Star in Zola Adaptation (From Alt Film Guide. 2 July 2015, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer Explains How Her Father's Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis Has Affected Her Romantic Relationships (From E! Online. 2 July 2015, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- 'Mission: Impossible 5' Clips Show Action-Packed Motorcycle Chase (From MovieWeb. 3 July 2015, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Action-packed clips from Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (From Flickeringmyth. 3 July 2015, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- First Two Action-Packed Clips From Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation; Plus A New Still (From ComicBookMovie. 3 July 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)