Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Zach Galifianakis Recreates National's Documentary for 'Funny or Die' (From Rolling Stone. 22 July 2014, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- 10 Comics to Watch: Fortune Feimster Graduates From Late-Night to ‘Cabot College’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 15 Things We Learned At the Fox TCA: Scoop on 'Gotham,' 'The Simpsons,' and More (From Moviefone. 21 July 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Edgar Wright to Direct 'Baby Driver' Following 'Ant-Man' Exit (From MovieWeb. 22 July 2014, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- GLAAD report finds both low and low quality Lgbt representation in studio films (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 22 July 2014, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Purge Yourself at Halloween Horror Nights (From Dread Central. 22 July 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron"- 'Hawkeye' Revealed (From SneakPeek. 22 July 2014, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Marvel Will End Each Phase with an 'Avengers' Sequel (From MovieWeb. 22 July 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- 'Avengers 2' Creates an Existential Crisis for Its Heroes (From MovieWeb. 21 July 2014, 9:19 PM, PDT)