Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- CNN Tests New Ways To Mix Ads With News (From Variety - TV News. 5 March 2015, 11:29 AM, PST)
- Jenny Slate Eyes Own FX Pilot As ‘Married’ Adds New Series Regular (From Deadline TV. 5 March 2015, 10:58 AM, PST)
- Seth Meyers Translates Teen Slang, Explains “Whisperdick” (Video) (From The Wrap. 5 March 2015, 9:13 AM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Passes $500 Million at Global Box Office (From Variety - Film News. 5 March 2015, 10:51 AM, PST)
- India Bans Edited Version of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ (From Variety - Film News. 5 March 2015, 2:58 AM, PST)
- Remembering Actress Wright: Made Oscar History in Unmatched Feat to This Day (From Alt Film Guide. 4 March 2015, 9:02 PM, PST)
- Watch: Behind the Scenes of Marvel's 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron' (From FirstShowing.net. 5 March 2015, 8:30 AM, PST)
- Final Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Exposes a Robotic Vision (From TheHDRoom. 5 March 2015, 7:52 AM, PST)
- Here’s Hot Toys’ 1/6th scale Hulkbuster collectible figure from Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 5 March 2015, 5:30 AM, PST)