Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Al Franken Blasts Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger On ‘CBS This Morning’: Video (From Deadline TV. 10 March 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- SXSW: Lena Dunham Says TV Ratings Mean Nothing to Her (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 March 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- SXSW: Lena Dunham on Women, Work and the Tweet She Regrets (From Variety - Film News. 10 March 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Charlize Theron To Make Everything Nice For Universal Pictures (From We Got This Covered. 10 March 2014, 4:54 AM, PDT)
- 13 Long-Delayed Film Projects We Wish Would Get Made Already (From Obsessed with Film. 10 March 2014, 3:29 AM, PDT)
- The Last Of Us Movie: 11 Actors Who Could Play Joel (From Obsessed with Film. 10 March 2014, 2:50 AM, PDT)
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Is Ramped Up Says Chris Hemsworth (From MovieWeb. 10 March 2014, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- South Korean actress Kim Soo Hyun talks Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 3:43 PM, PST)
- American Hustle deleted scene released - Jeremy Renner sings (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 March 2014, 12:07 PM, PST)