Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Will Forte Talks ‘MacGruber 2′ Script Status (From Screen Rant. 30 August 2014, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- How Many Have You Seen? Read Bill Hader's List Of 200 Movies Every Comedy Writer Should See (From The Playlist. 29 August 2014, 11:09 AM, PDT)
- Labor Day marathon guide: Meet the 'Housewives of Melbourne' and more (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 August 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- New ‘As Above So Below’ Movie Received Mostly Negative Reviews From Major Critics (From OnTheFlix. 30 August 2014, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' pushing newcomers aside to stay no. 1 Friday (From Hitfix. 30 August 2014, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘As Above/So Below’ Scrapes The Bottom Of The Barrel (From HollywoodChicago.com. 29 August 2014, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- ‘Escape from New York’ Remake Actor Shortlist Includes Charlie Hunnam? (From Screen Rant. 30 August 2014, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America 3, Batman v Superman, Arrow, Daredevil, Blade, Kick-Ass 3 and more (From Flickeringmyth. 30 August 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" - More Set Images (From SneakPeek. 29 August 2014, 3:54 PM, PDT)