Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- 40 Great Horror Films for the Halloween Season Part 4: 10-1 (From SoundOnSight. 25 October 2014, 7:16 AM, PDT)
- Jim Carrey Makes Fun of Iggy Azalea's Name in New ‘Saturday Night Live’ Promos (Video) (From The Wrap. 24 October 2014, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Lamar Odom Won't Grant Khloé Kardashian a Divorce (From Popsugar. 24 October 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- ‘Ouija’ May Scare Up $20M, ‘John Wick,’ No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces ‘St. Vincent’ In Box Office Weekend (From Deadline New York. 25 October 2014, 7:53 AM, PDT)
- ‘Ouija’ Holding Off Keanu Reeves’ Surging ‘John Wick’ at Box Office (From The Wrap. 25 October 2014, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: The Worst Horror Film of 2014, ‘Ouija’ is ‘Mama’ From 11 Narcoleptic Producers (From HollywoodChicago.com. 24 October 2014, 6:52 PM, PDT)
- Ultron featured in concept art from Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 25 October 2014, 2:12 AM, PDT)
- More Images From "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" (From SneakPeek. 24 October 2014, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Next 'Agents of Shield' episode will include more 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' footage (From Hitfix. 24 October 2014, 1:49 PM, PDT)