Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Bill Hader's List of the 200 Comedies You Need to Watch (From Movies.com. 1 September 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Disney’s Big Hero 6 gets another TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 1 September 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- 20 Little Known Facts That Will Make You See Famous Actors Differently (From Obsessed with Film. 1 September 2014, 6:54 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Dublin To Play Host To Charity Screening Of Dracula Untold (From TheMovieBit. 2 September 2014, 2:24 AM, PDT)
- International Trailer: "Dracula Untold" (From Dark Horizons. 1 September 2014, 9:33 PM, PDT)
- Stake Out More Footage From "Dracula Untold" (From SneakPeek. 1 September 2014, 7:59 PM, PDT)
- Russo Brothers On Hawkeye's Scrapped Role In Captain America: The Winter Soldier (From ComicBookMovie. 1 September 2014, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Charlie Hunnam Set for 'King Arthur', Rumored for 'Escape from New York' Remake (From Rope Of Silicon. 1 September 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- One Of These 3 Actors Could Be The Escape From New York Remake's Snake Plissken (From Cinema Blend. 31 August 2014, 3:36 PM, PDT)