Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of NBC TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 July 2014, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- Mike Myers: Good Genes or Good Docs? (From TMZ. 27 July 2014, 12:05 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con sneak peek trailer for Adult Swim’s Mike Tyson Mysteries (From Flickeringmyth. 26 July 2014, 5:23 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Locke & Key Being Planned As Trilogy (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2014, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- "Monster High: Fright On!" (From SneakPeek. 28 July 2014, 6:37 AM, PDT)
- 25 Greatest Easter Eggs From The Last 20 Years Of Horror (From Obsessed with Film. 28 July 2014, 2:56 AM, PDT)
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Hulkbuster Battle Details Teased (From MovieWeb. 28 July 2014, 9:40 AM, PDT)
- The 10 Biggest Moments of Comic-Con ... and 5 Big Disappointments! (From TooFab. 28 July 2014, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc '14: Take A Closer Look At The Hulkbuster Fist From Avengers: Age Of Ultron (From ComicBookMovie. 28 July 2014, 6:10 AM, PDT)