Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Will Ferrell Is Bound For San Quentin In First Trailer For Get Hard (From We Got This Covered. 25 November 2014, 4:35 PM, PST)
- Watch: Indie Spirit Nominee Jenny Slate on Sex and Standup in 'Obvious Child' (Exclusive) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 November 2014, 1:14 PM, PST)
- Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce: A Dishy Lisa Edelstein Drinks with Andy Cohen in Fun Series-Prequel Clip (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2014, 11:06 AM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs Biopic (From Worst Previews. 25 November 2014, 11:16 PM, PST)
- New Jurassic World First Official Teaser Movie Trailer Released Early Today (From OnTheFlix. 25 November 2014, 1:59 PM, PST)
- Watch: Full 'Jurassic World' Trailer Finally Drops (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 November 2014, 10:48 AM, PST)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" - The Mighty 'Thor' (From SneakPeek. 25 November 2014, 7:31 PM, PST)
- Frank Grillo Teases Crossbones in Captain America: Civil War (From GeekTyrant. 25 November 2014, 7:17 AM, PST)
- Mark Ruffalo Talks Hulk-ing Out For Preschoolers On Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon (From ComicBookMovie. 25 November 2014, 4:38 AM, PST)