Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- ‘Red Nose Day': Live Fundraiser Blends Star Pitches, Comedy Performances (From Variety - TV News. 21 May 2015, 9:41 PM, PDT)
- 15 Celebrities Who Didn't Get Their Big Break Until Later in Life (From Popsugar. 21 May 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Why '500 Questions' is the trivia experience TV needs (From Hitfix. 21 May 2015, 1:32 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2′ Set for March 25 Against ‘Batman v Superman’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 6:11 PM, PDT)
- New Jurassic World Stunts 101 Featurette Movie Clip Released (From OnTheFlix. 21 May 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Legendary Taps Univision Exec, Jackie Robinson Foundation CEO for Board (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Hot Toys’ Avengers: Age of Ultron Cosbaby Series 2 unveiled (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Did Jeremy Renner Possibly Reveal An Updated Logo For Captain America: Civil War? (From ComicBookMovie. 21 May 2015, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Scarlet Witch, Iron Man And A Regular Sized Ant-Man Feature In Latest Set Photos For Captain America: Civil War (From We Got This Covered. 21 May 2015, 8:11 AM, PDT)