Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Jenny Slate to star in new comedy series on FX (From Flickeringmyth. 27 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- 10 awesome feminist comedy sketches (From Hitfix. 27 April 2015, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- 6 Times Cecily Strong Shut It Down at the White House Correspondents' Dinner (From Popsugar. 27 April 2015, 11:45 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Could The Walking Dead Get A Movie? Here's What Andrew Lincoln Says (From Cinema Blend. 27 April 2015, 9:14 PM, PDT)
- Red-Band Trailer: "Ted 2" (From Dark Horizons. 27 April 2015, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Morton Hock Dies at 85; Oversaw Marketing Campaigns for Paramount Films (From Variety - Film News. 27 April 2015, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Joss Whedon and the Avengers: Age Of Ultron Cast Reveal Their Worst Jobs Ever (From Collider.com. 27 April 2015, 7:20 PM, PDT)
- Joel Silver finds financing to expand company (From ScreenDaily. 27 April 2015, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Joel Silver finds financing to boost company (From ScreenDaily. 27 April 2015, 12:51 PM, PDT)