Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Comedy Central Greenlights ‘Bad Couple’ Pilot from ‘SNL’ Alum Noël Wells (From Variety - TV News. 3 August 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Arc Entertainment Acquires Dakota Johnson Drama 'Chloe and Theo' (From Indiewire. 3 August 2015, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- The Stars of "Weird Science" -- See What They Look Like 30 Years Later! (From TooFab. 2 August 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Dr. Dre to Release ‘Compton: A Soundtrack’ (1st Album in 16 Years) + Watch Clip From the Movie (From ShadowAndAct. 3 August 2015, 10:54 AM, PDT)
- Deauville Festival Kicks off With ‘Everest,’ Wraps With ‘Sicario’ (From Variety - Film News. 3 August 2015, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Colin Trevorrow Teases ‘Jurassic World 2′ Plot: Dinosaur Breeding Goes Open Source (From Slash Film. 3 August 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Anil Kapoor hosts a special screening of ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’ (From Bollyspice. 3 August 2015, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 3 August 2015, 2:40 AM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation opens to $56 million; second-biggest opening of the franchise (From Flickeringmyth. 3 August 2015, 2:38 AM, PDT)