Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Grimm Star Claire Coffee Previews What to Expect Now That Adalind's Hexpecting (Again!) (From TVLine.com. 26 March 2015, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Jimmy Fallon Is the "Mirror" Image of Mitt Romney -- See His Hilarious Impression! (From TooFab. 26 March 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Michael Keaton, Taraji P. Henson To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In April (From Uinterview. 26 March 2015, 1:59 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Composer Brian Tyler’s Score For Furious 7 Available On March 31 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 March 2015, 3:56 PM, PDT)
- Fifty Shades of Grey director Sam Taylor-Johnson bows out of franchise (From Cineplex. 26 March 2015, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- Director Sam Taylor-Johnson officially turns down Fifty Shades sequels (From Flickeringmyth. 26 March 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Earth’s Mightiest Heroes featured on new Avengers: Age of Ultron banner (From Flickeringmyth. 26 March 2015, 2:07 PM, PDT)
- Shailene Woodley Admits to Eating Bugs in Her Latest Interview (From Popsugar. 26 March 2015, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- New TV spot for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 26 March 2015, 12:33 AM, PDT)