Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Halloween Costumes: What Are the Morning Show Stars All Wearing? (From TooFab. 31 October 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Chris Rock's Best 'Saturday Night Live' Moments (From The Hollywood Reporter. 31 October 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Chris Rock Runs Down the Year's Top 5 Halloween Costumes (Video) (From The Wrap. 31 October 2014, 2:08 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Afm 2014 Casting News: Volume I (From Dark Horizons. 30 October 2014, 7:35 PM, PDT)
- Casting Net: Naomi Watts, Elle Fanning, and Susan Sarandon board 'Three Generations' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 30 October 2014, 6:35 PM, PDT)
- Stacey Snider to Be Named 20th Century Fox Co-Chairman as Start Date Nears (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 30 October 2014, 3:37 PM, PDT)
- Julia Stiles and Ray Liotta join Anthony Hopkins' Go With Me (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 30 October 2014, 2:34 PM, PDT)
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron Trailer Gets A Voice-Over From 'Pee-Wee Herman' Paul Reubens (From ComicBookMovie. 30 October 2014, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- The 10 Best Journalism Movies (From SoundOnSight. 30 October 2014, 6:50 AM, PDT)