Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Villain featured in new TV spot for Disney’s Big Hero 6 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2014, 4:56 AM, PDT)
- 10 Best Bill Murray Stories (That Nobody Believes Actually Happened) (From Obsessed with Film. 23 September 2014, 3:18 AM, PDT)
- Peter Dinklage Set For ‘The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins ‘The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast (From Deadline New York. 22 September 2014, 8:38 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Universal Changes Course On International Stewardship; Duncan Clark To Head Ops From London (From Deadline New York. 22 September 2014, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Duncan Clark to Head International Film Operations for Universal (From The Wrap. 22 September 2014, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Uni hails international exec team (From ScreenDaily. 22 September 2014, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- 'Boardwalk Empire' Star Wants to Play 'Black Panther' (From MovieWeb. 22 September 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner For Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters 2? Here Is His Answer (From Cinema Blend. 22 September 2014, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- The Wire's Omar Was Once Cast In A Marvel Movie, Here's What Happened (From Cinema Blend. 22 September 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)