Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Cable Ratings: Colbert Report Ends on High Note, Covert Finale Ticks Up (From TVLine.com. 19 December 2014, 3:42 PM, PST)
- Amy Adams Gets One Direction Under the Mistletoe in Funny Saturday Night Live Promo—Did It Work?! Watch Now (From E! Online. 19 December 2014, 3:27 PM, PST)
- Five Burning Business Questions for the New Stephen Colbert (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 2:17 PM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Kate Winslet in Early Talks for Female Lead in Danny Boyle’s Steve Jobs Biopic (From Collider.com. 19 December 2014, 12:41 PM, PST)
- Kate Winslet in talks for female lead in Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs biopic (From JoBlo. 19 December 2014, 10:46 AM, PST)
- New Pictures from 'Star Wars 7', 'Insurgent', 'Furious 7', 'Ted 2', 'Jurassic World' and More (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 December 2014, 10:16 AM, PST)
- Is Hawkeye Coming to 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'? (From MovieWeb. 19 December 2014, 3:27 PM, PST)
- Clark Gregg teasing a Hawkeye appearance for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 11:53 AM, PST)
- Batman suit and Avengers: Infinity War directors revealed – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)