Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Recap: J.K. Simmons Hosts; D’Angelo Performs (From Uinterview. 1 February 2015, 12:47 PM, PST)
- SNL Reveals An Alternate Ending To Casablanca, And It Is Perfection (From Cinema Blend. 1 February 2015, 12:16 PM, PST)
- J.K. Simmons's Monologue Will Give You Serious Whiplash Flashbacks (From BuzzSugar. 1 February 2015, 11:46 AM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: 25 Pairs of IMAX Passes to ‘Seventh Son’ With Ben Barnes, Julianne Moore (From HollywoodChicago.com. 1 February 2015, 11:21 AM, PST)
- Box Office: 'American Sniper' is super at no. 1 as 'Game of Thrones' slays in IMAX (From Hitfix. 1 February 2015, 11:12 AM, PST)
- John Wick directors wanted for Cowboy Ninja Viking starring Chris Pratt (From Flickeringmyth. 1 February 2015, 2:25 AM, PST)
- High Res Photos from Avengers: Age Of Ultron (From GeekTyrant. 1 February 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Joss Whedon would like to direct a “female Batman” movie after Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 1 February 2015, 3:54 AM, PST)
- 'Avengers 2' Character Relationships and Story Explained (From MovieWeb. 31 January 2015, 2:47 PM, PST)