Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Robert D. Wachs, Eddie Murphy Manager, Producer, Dies at 72 (From Variety - Film News. 9 December 2013, 4:39 PM, PST)
- Robert D. Wachs, Eddie Murphy Manager, Producer, Dies at 72 (From Variety - TV News. 9 December 2013, 4:39 PM, PST)
- Kendall Jenner and Harry Styles Visit Gay Bar in NYC—Get the Scoop! (From E! Online. 9 December 2013, 3:34 PM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- 12 Movies to Stream on Netflix This Holiday Season (From BuzzSugar. 9 December 2013, 5:30 PM, PST)
- Shout! Factory Unveils 20th Anniversary Edition of The Shadow (From Comicmix. 9 December 2013, 4:17 PM, PST)
- AFI Awards 2013 Official Selections Announced (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 December 2013, 2:36 PM, PST)
- AFI Awards List: An Upscale, Oscar-Friendly Version of the People's Choice Awards (From Alt Film Guide. 9 December 2013, 3:48 PM, PST)
- Amy Adams on Wonder Woman and Batman vs. Superman (From Flickeringmyth. 9 December 2013, 3:03 PM, PST)
- Win A Pass To The Advance Screening Of American Hustle In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 December 2013, 1:29 PM, PST)