Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Maya Rudolph Isn't Sure If She's Hosting The Grinder or Guest-Starring in Funny SNL Spoof (From E! Online. 8 February 2016, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Watch: Larry David Returns as Bernie Sanders on ‘SNL’ (From Backstage. 8 February 2016, 11:30 AM, PST)
- SNL's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' Is Pretty, Pretty, Pretty, Perfect (From Moviefone. 8 February 2016, 9:41 AM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- 'Ninja Turtes 2' TV Spot Brings Casey Jones 'Out of the Shadows' (From MovieWeb. 8 February 2016, 11:53 AM, PST)
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Finale Adds ‘Ballers’ Actress Arielle Kebbel as Christian Grey’s Architect (From The Wrap. 8 February 2016, 11:17 AM, PST)
- Matt Damon comes out of the shadows in the poster for Jason Bourne (From JoBlo. 8 February 2016, 10:43 AM, PST)
- Superhero Showdown 2016 – Deadpool vs Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice vs Captain America: Civil War vs X-Men: Apocalypse vs Suicide Squad vs Doctor Strange (From Flickeringmyth. 8 February 2016, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Jason Bourne Super Bowl Spot – 15 Things You Need To See (From Obsessed with Film. 8 February 2016, 9:23 AM, PST)
- 'Jason Bourne' Is Fast and Furious in First Trailer and Poster (From Moviefone. 8 February 2016, 5:34 AM, PST)