Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Bernie Sanders to Appear With Larry David on 'SNL' This Weekend (From Rolling Stone. 5 February 2016, 1:33 PM, PST)
- Chicago Fire Sneak Peek: Dawson Gives Casey a Sexy Valentine's Gift (From TVLine.com. 5 February 2016, 11:00 AM, PST)
- The Lonely Island Will Give ‘SNL’ Some Competition with a New Sketch Comedy Series (From Slash Film. 5 February 2016, 11:00 AM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- NAACP Image Awards 2016: Complete list of winners (From Gold Derby. 5 February 2016, 6:00 PM, PST)
- Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Team for R Rated Musical (From MovieWeb. 5 February 2016, 3:49 PM, PST)
- Bill Nighy: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked (From Obsessed with Film. 5 February 2016, 1:42 PM, PST)
- 'Captain America: Civil War' Friends Day Video Tears Tony and Steve Apart (From MovieWeb. 5 February 2016, 12:08 PM, PST)
- Content Media brings 'Carnage Park' to Efm (From ScreenDaily. 4 February 2016, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Revenge's Barry Sloane to Star in History's Seal Team Drama Six (From TVLine.com. 3 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)