Things are moving along for Jeremy Renner movie Kill the Messenger. Just a few days after Renner was announced as star and producer, the film has secured a distributor. Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights, EW has confirmed.
The distribution deal keeps Kill the Messenger in the family with parent company Universal Pictures, where the film was originally developed.
Kill the Messenger is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, known for uncovering the CIA’s involvement in cocaine trafficking during the during the 1980s as a method of funding the Contra war in Nicaragua.
Production on the »
- Emily Rome
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Saturday TV Ratings: Frosty The Snowman, 48 Hours, College Football, Dateline (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 November 2015, 12:54 PM, PST)
- Tracy Morgan: "I Went to the Other Side" During Coma, Spoke to God (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 November 2015, 4:01 PM, PST)
- Football, Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade Score Big Ratings Thursday (From Variety - TV News. 27 November 2015, 12:52 PM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- New Warcraft First Movie Trailer Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 28 November 2015, 11:49 AM, PST)
- With Year-End Kudos, Critics Can Widen Oscar’s Playing Field (From Variety - Film News. 27 November 2015, 6:30 PM, PST)
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce (From Deadline. 27 November 2015, 12:32 PM, PST)
- "Captain America: Civil War" - More Leaked Footage (From SneakPeek. 29 November 2015, 10:12 AM, PST)
- Sebastian Stan on where we find The Winter Soldier in Captain America: Civil War (From Flickeringmyth. 29 November 2015, 7:07 AM, PST)
- Captain America: Civil War in-depth trailer analysis (From Shadowlocked. 28 November 2015, 3:37 PM, PST)