You’ve seen the posters. You’ve seen the ads. And now the wait is over: Smash Season 2 kicks off tonight with a two-hour premiere.
But has the Broadway-based series righted the wrongs of its first season? Will it no longer let its audience down? Below, we offer up six reasons why the show deserves a second chance...
Not One, But Two Musicals: The new season starts with lackluster reviews for the Marilyn Monroe musical Bombshell. So as the creative team scrambles, another show, Hit List, will emerge and steal the former's spotlight.
"We have two musicals that you're seeing in several states of development,” said new showrunner Joshua Safran, adding that a pair of productions will help the series “peel back the curtain on this world that most people haven't seen and show that process.”
Out With The Old, In With The New: Gone are lackluster characters like Dev, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jim Halterman)
Similar News ItemsJennifer Hudson (I)
- Watch: President Obama Breaks It Down to ‘Hotline Bling’ with Usher and Janelle Monáe (From PEOPLE.com. 23 October 2016, 7:26 AM, PDT)
- Obama’s Celebrate Their Final Musical Event at the White House (From PEOPLE.com. 21 October 2016, 8:43 PM, PDT)
- ‘Hairspray’: First Look Pics of the Live NBC Musical Adaptation of John Waters’ Movie (From Indiewire. 21 October 2016, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Want to Be Marilyn Monroe for Halloween? Here’s the Only Tutorial You Need (From PEOPLE.com. 24 October 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Boy on a Dolphin (From Trailers from Hell. 21 October 2016, 6:07 PM, PDT)
- 15 Ways to Pay Homage to Marilyn Monroe This Halloween (From Popsugar. 21 October 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Kathryn Bigelow Rounds Out Ensemble Cast for Detroit Riots Film (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 18 October 2016, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- Impastor Premiere Recap: Lukewarm Pursuit (From TVLine.com. 28 September 2016, 8:04 PM, PDT)
- Younger's Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff Talk Wildest Season 3 Premiere Twists (From TVLine.com. 28 September 2016, 7:30 PM, PDT)