When he appeared in the Jan. 30 episode, Farmer told Ryan Seacrest that he was serving overseas in Iraq and he was injured when an Ied exploded. "I just remember waking up in the hospital in Kuwait," he explained. "I was diagnosed with traumatic brain injury." Farmer added that he was instructed that the medication he was taking would make him sterile, but six months later, he found out he'd be the father of now-three-and-a-half-year-old daughter Cadence, who joined him for the audition.
But just days after Farmer's "American Idol" episode aired, Farmer admitted that his story was fabricated on GuardianOfValor.com after multiple testimonials claimed he was falsely representing himself.
"Everything you have read is correct. It was All lies. I in fact Have lied since a »
- Jaimie Etkin
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- 'American Idol' 2014 results: The Top 12 (From EW.com - PopWatch. 6 March 2014, 6:12 PM, PST)
- Recap: 'American Idol' Season 13 - Top 12 Results plus Phillip Phillips performs (From Hitfix. 6 March 2014, 4:58 PM, PST)
- Adam Lambert and Queen Announce North American Summer Tour (From The Wrap. 6 March 2014, 2:37 PM, PST)
- 'American Idol' Results: Who Went Home? (From The Hollywood Reporter. 6 March 2014, 6:19 PM, PST)
- American Idol 2014 Eliminated Emily Pritz Tonight,March 6th (From OnTheFlix. 6 March 2014, 6:13 PM, PST)
- American Idol Sends Home a Top 12 Contestant (From PEOPLE.com. 6 March 2014, 6:05 PM, PST)
- Links & Ink (From FilmExperience. 6 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Hot In Here: How Stars Escaped The Polar Vortex (From TheFabLife - Movies. 4 March 2014, 11:15 AM, PST)
- Idina Menzel, Jimmy Fallon & The Roots Sing "Let It Go" With Classroom Instruments! (From TooFab. 4 March 2014, 6:15 AM, PST)