If your television actually explodes with comedic energy next fall, we now know who will be responsible: Robin Williams will star in a single-camera comedy produced by David E. Kelley. CBS officially picked up the "Crazy Ones" pilot on Monday (Feb. 4), along with two dramas, "Anatomy of Violence" and "Intelligence."
"Crazy Ones" will star Williams as an advertising executive working alongside his daughter. It is very much expected that Williams will spend a great deal of time improvising in this comedy. In addition to David E. Kelley (who wrote the script), "Crazy Ones" is executive-produced by Bill D'Elia, Jason Winer, Dean Lorey, John Montgomery and Mark Teitelbaum.
"Intelligence," from writer Michael Seitzman, is set at the United States Cyber Command and centers on a unit surrounding a single agent who has a microchip planted in his brain. Because of this chip, the agent can access the full electromagnetic spectrum (including radio waves). Yes, »
Similar News ItemsRobin Williams (I)
- 'Happy Days' Actress Erin Moran Likely Died of Cancer, Officials Say (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 April 2017, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca Film Review: ‘The Clapper’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 April 2017, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Kevin Hart was wanted for Genie role in Guy Ritchie’s Aladdin (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2017, 4:09 PM, PDT)
- Emmys: Allison Janney Goes Lead for ‘Mom’ as Campaigns Jockey for Position (From Variety - TV News. 24 April 2017, 5:59 PM, PDT)
- Alex Jones Is Too Crazy For TV: Why Shows Can’t Pull Off Conspiracy-Theorist Characters (From Indiewire. 21 April 2017, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- Alex Jones Is Too Crazy For TV: Why Shows Can’t Pull Off Conspiracy-Theorist Characters (From Indiewire Television. 21 April 2017, 3:07 PM, PDT)
David E. Kelley (I)
- ‘Goliath’ and ‘Big Little Lies’ stars could reap Emmy gold thanks to David E. Kelley’s magic touch (From Gold Derby. 17 April 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Four Books from “Big Little Lies” Author Liane Moriarty Headed to the Screen (From Women and Hollywood. 14 April 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Big Little Lies season 2: book author is developing ideas (From Den of Geek. 12 April 2017, 9:17 AM, PDT)