More than two-thirds of Hawaii's state senators have signed onto a bill to protect celebrities from paparazzi, giving them power to sue over unwanted beach photos and other snapshots on the islands.
A representative for Aerosmith declined comment late Thursday, saying Tyler was not immediately available.
Sen. Kalani English, a Democrat from Maui, told The Associated Press the so-called "Steven Tyler Act" will help Hawaii's tourism and film industries, encouraging famous people to come here without fear of being stalked by paparazzi.
"These are my constituents as well," English said. "Public figures have a right to reasonable privacy. There's a balance that we need to create."
The bill would open people up to civil lawsuits if they invade »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah' (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 July 2014, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Jason Derulo On Zac Efron's "Wiggle," Jordin & His Competition With Karmin! (From TooFab. 30 July 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets 'Rock the Kasbah' Cast Photo as Shooting Wraps (From MovieWeb. 30 July 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Bones Star David Boreanaz To Obama: “Grow Some” When Dealing With Putin (From GossipCop. 31 July 2014, 6:32 PM, PDT)
- Montel Williams -- Barks at 'Homeboy' Obama ... Fix Veterans' Medical Problems (From TMZ. 31 July 2014, 2:20 AM, PDT)
- Speed Read: Who Did Andi Pick on the Bachelorette Finale? (From Popsugar. 29 July 2014, 5:28 AM, PDT)
- Films paid for almost entirely by a wealthy(ish) benefactor (From Den of Geek. 31 July 2014, 3:33 AM, PDT)
- Alesha Dixon wants talk show (From Virgin Media - TV. 30 July 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- What Tyler Perry Wants You to Know About His New Own Series, 'If Loving You Is Wrong' (From ShadowAndAct. 30 July 2014, 7:26 AM, PDT)