When CBS announced that How I Met Your Mother would return for a ninth and final season next year, the network took the unusual extra step of proclaiming that the show's heretofore unseen "mother" would be also finally be revealed.
Himym co-creator Craig Thomas (who says he wasn't consulted on that part of the release) admits he was surprised that CBS felt the need to spell it out. "The plan has always been to meet this girl at some point," he says. "I think we would be forbidden from show business if we ended the series without meeting the mother, and rightfully so. They want to make sure, I guess, that the audience knows they're not going to be jerked around or short changed in any way."
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News Items"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during Broadway show performance (From RealBollywood. 19 April 2014, 10:22 PM, PDT)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 4/19/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 April 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye (From EW.com - Inside TV. 18 April 2014, 5:01 PM, PDT)
Craig Thomas (II)
- Why Do People Lose Their Minds Over Television Series Finales? (From Indiewire Television. 14 April 2014, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Why Do People Lose Their Minds Over Television Series Finales? (From Indiewire. 14 April 2014, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- The 'How I Met Your Mother' Finale Alternate Ending Is Real and Coming to DVD (From Moviefone. 8 April 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)