New York, Feb 4: The romantic zombie comedy 'Warm Bodies' swarmed the box office on Super Bowl weekend with a 20-million-dollar opening.
According to studio estimates Sunday, on a weekend that Hollywood largely punts to football, the PG-13 film from Lionsgate's Summit Entertainment easily led the box office, the New York Post reported.
The Super Bowl always means a significant slide in movie-going on Sunday - studios predict a decrease of as much as 70 percent from Saturday to Sunday - but 'Warm Bodies' still lured many teenage fans.
The film is about a zombie whose love for a human redeems him.
Lionsgate, which. »
- Abhijeet Sen
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- Enter to Win Passes to a Preview Screening of Divergent (From CinemaNerdz. 10 March 2014, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Win Tickets to The Advance Screening of Divergent in St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 March 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Wherefore Art Thou, Juliet? In Latest Pic Migration, She Moves From Sony To Warners (From Deadline New York. 10 March 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)
Warm Bodies (2013)
- Nicholas Hoult and More Ready to Kill Your Friends (From Dread Central. 10 March 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Win A Family Four-Pack & Cool Swag To The St. Louis Advance Screening Of Muppets Most Wanted (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 March 2014, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Nicholas Hoult believes fame hasn't changed girlfriend J.Law (From RealBollywood. 10 March 2014, 3:52 AM, PDT)