New York, Feb 4: The romantic zombie comedy 'Warm Bodies' swarmed the box office on Super Bowl weekend with a 20-million-dollar opening.
According to studio estimates Sunday, on a weekend that Hollywood largely punts to football, the PG-13 film from Lionsgate's Summit Entertainment easily led the box office, the New York Post reported.
The Super Bowl always means a significant slide in movie-going on Sunday - studios predict a decrease of as much as 70 percent from Saturday to Sunday - but 'Warm Bodies' still lured many teenage fans.
The film is about a zombie whose love for a human redeems him.
Lionsgate, which. »
- Abhijeet Sen
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- Lionsgate's 'Now You See Me' to Get Third Installment (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 May 2015, 6:44 AM, PDT)
- "Now You See Me 3" Is In The Works (From Dark Horizons. 22 May 2015, 4:23 AM, PDT)
- Principal Photography Begins On The Divergent Series: Allegiant – Part 1; The Divergent Series: Insurgent Coming to Blu-ray August 4 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 20 May 2015, 2:57 PM, PDT)
Warm Bodies (2013)
- Jack Black Exploring Micronations With Napoleon Dynamite Helmer (From We Got This Covered. 18 May 2015, 11:47 AM, PDT)
- Asa Butterfield Cast as the New Spider-Man (From Rope Of Silicon. 14 May 2015, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman and Channing Tatum to Appear in X-Men: Apocalypse? (From Worst Previews. 12 May 2015, 4:15 AM, PDT)