New York, Feb 4: The romantic zombie comedy 'Warm Bodies' swarmed the box office on Super Bowl weekend with a 20-million-dollar opening.
According to studio estimates Sunday, on a weekend that Hollywood largely punts to football, the PG-13 film from Lionsgate's Summit Entertainment easily led the box office, the New York Post reported.
The Super Bowl always means a significant slide in movie-going on Sunday - studios predict a decrease of as much as 70 percent from Saturday to Sunday - but 'Warm Bodies' still lured many teenage fans.
The film is about a zombie whose love for a human redeems him.
Lionsgate, which. »
- Abhijeet Sen
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares Off Competition With $26M Opening Weekend (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 28 August 2016, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- Mechanic: Resurrection Review (From We Got This Covered. 27 August 2016, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Alba And Jason Statham Engage In Fisticuffs In Latest Mechanic: Resurrection Clip (From We Got This Covered. 23 August 2016, 7:16 AM, PDT)
Warm Bodies (2013)
- Lights Out Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD Release Details & Cover Art (From DailyDead. 25 August 2016, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Turns the ‘Lights Out’ On Home Video (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 25 August 2016, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Cell Review (From HeyUGuys. 24 August 2016, 4:00 AM, PDT)