New York, Feb 4: The romantic zombie comedy 'Warm Bodies' swarmed the box office on Super Bowl weekend with a 20-million-dollar opening.
According to studio estimates Sunday, on a weekend that Hollywood largely punts to football, the PG-13 film from Lionsgate's Summit Entertainment easily led the box office, the New York Post reported.
The Super Bowl always means a significant slide in movie-going on Sunday - studios predict a decrease of as much as 70 percent from Saturday to Sunday - but 'Warm Bodies' still lured many teenage fans.
The film is about a zombie whose love for a human redeems him.
Lionsgate, which. »
- Abhijeet Sen
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- Theo James Explains How Allegiant Deals with Changes Made in Insurgent (From Collider.com. 20 April 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Patricia Laucella to head Lionsgate film business & legal (From ScreenDaily. 15 April 2015, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- Russell, O'Brien Wanted For "Deepwater" (From Dark Horizons. 10 April 2015, 3:18 PM, PDT)
Warm Bodies (2013)
- 'Point Break' Remake First Pictures, Bracey and Ramirez are Utah and Bodhi (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 April 2015, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- First Photos From Point Break Are Here (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 April 2015, 9:23 PM, PDT)
- Review: The Walking Deceased (From Icons of Fright. 19 April 2015, 4:41 PM, PDT)