New York, Feb 4: The romantic zombie comedy 'Warm Bodies' swarmed the box office on Super Bowl weekend with a 20-million-dollar opening.
According to studio estimates Sunday, on a weekend that Hollywood largely punts to football, the PG-13 film from Lionsgate's Summit Entertainment easily led the box office, the New York Post reported.
The Super Bowl always means a significant slide in movie-going on Sunday - studios predict a decrease of as much as 70 percent from Saturday to Sunday - but 'Warm Bodies' still lured many teenage fans.
The film is about a zombie whose love for a human redeems him.
Lionsgate, which. »
- Abhijeet Sen
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- The Legend of Hercules Coming to Theaters This January (From ShockYa. 2 December 2013, 1:35 PM, PST)
- See Summit’s The Legend of Hercules New One-Sheet (From Comicmix. 1 December 2013, 1:42 PM, PST)
- Renny Harlin’s ‘Hercules’ Film Gets Some Modest Changes (From The Hollywood News. 29 November 2013, 11:30 AM, PST)
Warm Bodies (2013)
- 'Wolverine', 'Nashville' Criterion and 'Mortal Instruments' On DVD and Blu-ray This Week (From Rope Of Silicon. 3 December 2013, 7:30 AM, PST)
- Tom Hardy Behind the Scenes on Set of Mad Max: Fury Road Shoot (From Horror Asylum. 2 December 2013)
- Team Fyc: In a World... for Best Original Screenplay (From FilmExperience. 29 November 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)