New York, Feb 4: The romantic zombie comedy 'Warm Bodies' swarmed the box office on Super Bowl weekend with a 20-million-dollar opening.
According to studio estimates Sunday, on a weekend that Hollywood largely punts to football, the PG-13 film from Lionsgate's Summit Entertainment easily led the box office, the New York Post reported.
The Super Bowl always means a significant slide in movie-going on Sunday - studios predict a decrease of as much as 70 percent from Saturday to Sunday - but 'Warm Bodies' still lured many teenage fans.
The film is about a zombie whose love for a human redeems him.
Lionsgate, which. »
- Abhijeet Sen
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- New Divergent 3 Allegiant First Movie Trailer Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 21 November 2015, 12:28 PM, PST)
- Lionsgate Re-Ups Brian Goldsmith, Wayne Levin (From Variety - Film News. 19 November 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
- ‘Now You See Me 2’ Trailer Finds Lizzy Caplan Replacing Isla Fisher as Fourth ‘Horseman’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 18 November 2015, 4:20 PM, PST)
Warm Bodies (2013)
- Second trailer for Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 3:17 PM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Nina Forever’ (From Variety - Film News. 23 November 2015, 6:44 PM, PST)
- How High Will 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2' Fly? (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 19 November 2015, 12:45 PM, PST)