Could the Super Bowl power outage super-charge CBS’ big game ratings?
That’s one theory floating around broadcast ratings analysts tonight after CBS’ telecast of Super Bowl Xlvii was dramatically interrupted by a 34-minute power outage that sent half the New Orleans Superdome into darkness.
On the surface, the outage is a huge technical blunder. Embarrassing. Time wasting. And very risky — it was basically a half-hour of dead air during the most-watched telecast of the year, hastily filled by impromptu chatter from CBS Sports reporters and a flurry of ads.
Here’s why some analysts think the power outage won’t hurt CBS’ ratings (and, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsSuper Bowl XLVII (2013) (TV)
- Beyonce bans photographers from 'Mrs. Carter Show' tour to solve unflattering photos problem (From Pop2it. 23 April 2013, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- Kurt Warner hosts USA Network’s uplifting “The Moment” (From ChannelGuideMag. 4 April 2013, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Joe Flacco at McDonald's: Photo shows a $52 million grin (From Pop2it. 5 March 2013, 2:03 PM, PST)
- Jordin Sparks, Brett Favre & More Celebs Tweet About The NFL Draft (From HollywoodLife. 25 April 2013, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Movie News Wrap Up: ‘Fury,’ ‘Divergent,’ ‘Exorcism Diaries,’ & More (From Screen Rant. 15 April 2013, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- Flacco As Unitas (From Huffington Post. 8 April 2013, 9:09 AM, PDT)