Could the Super Bowl power outage super-charge CBS’ big game ratings?
That’s one theory floating around broadcast ratings analysts tonight after CBS’ telecast of Super Bowl Xlvii was dramatically interrupted by a 34-minute power outage that sent half the New Orleans Superdome into darkness.
On the surface, the outage is a huge technical blunder. Embarrassing. Time wasting. And very risky — it was basically a half-hour of dead air during the most-watched telecast of the year, hastily filled by impromptu chatter from CBS Sports reporters and a flurry of ads.
Here’s why some analysts think the power outage won’t hurt CBS’ ratings (and, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJoe Flacco
- Ben Affleck -- Ravens Are a Nightmare ... But I Believe In the Pats (Video) (From TMZ. 6 January 2015, 4:41 PM, PST)
- President Obama Telling Sony it ‘Made a Mistake’ Draws Mixed Social Media Reaction (From The Wrap. 19 December 2014, 1:15 PM, PST)
- NFL Star Joe Flacco -- Jabs President Over Name Screw Up... 'It's Franco, not Flacco!' (From TMZ. 19 December 2014, 12:30 PM, PST)
Super Bowl XLVII (2013) (TV)
- NBC Tops Sports Emmys, Extends ‘Sunday Night Football’ Streak (From Variety - TV News. 7 May 2014, 6:22 AM, PDT)
- Watch: The 9 Greatest Super Bowl Moments That Had Nothing to Do with Football (From PEOPLE.com. 2 February 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Janet Jackson’s Nipple & More: The 6 Most Shocking Super Bowl Moments (From HollywoodLife. 2 February 2014, 5:30 AM, PST)