CBS’ presentation of Super Bowl XLVII suffered an epic production snag when the lights abruptly went out in the New Orleans’ Superdome.
Shortly after Beyoncé’s splashy halftime show, the stadium was plunged into darkness. CBS Sports cut to a commercial break. When live coverage returned, CBS Sports reporter Steve Tasker informed the 100-million-plus viewers of TV’s most popular annual telecast that the lights in roughly half the stadium were out. The scoreboard was also not working.
“Half the power in New Orleans Superdome is out,” Tasker said while players paced and stretched on the field. “One big click »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsSuper Bowl XLVII (2013) (TV)
- NBC Tops Sports Emmys, Extends ‘Sunday Night Football’ Streak (From Variety - TV News. 7 May 2014, 6:22 AM, PDT)
- Watch: The 9 Greatest Super Bowl Moments That Had Nothing to Do with Football (From PEOPLE.com. 2 February 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Janet Jackson’s Nipple & More: The 6 Most Shocking Super Bowl Moments (From HollywoodLife. 2 February 2014, 5:30 AM, PST)
- Where to watch the 2014 Final Four TeamCasts (From ChannelGuideMag. 31 March 2014, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- CBS acquires Thursday night NFL package (From Hitfix. 5 February 2014, 9:58 AM, PST)
- NFL Thursday Night Football coming to CBS in 2014 (From ChannelGuideMag. 5 February 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
Phil Simms (II)
- Phil Simms on Jameis Winston's Arrest -- 'We All Did Dumb Stuff In College' (From TMZ. 1 May 2014, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- CBS gets Thursday-night NFL games in fall; could 'The Big Bang Theory' move? (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 5 February 2014, 11:32 AM, PST)
- CBS to air Thursday Night Football next season (From EW.com - Inside TV. 5 February 2014, 10:14 AM, PST)