CBS’ presentation of Super Bowl XLVII suffered an epic production snag when the lights abruptly went out in the New Orleans’ Superdome.
Shortly after Beyoncé’s splashy halftime show, the stadium was plunged into darkness. CBS Sports cut to a commercial break. When live coverage returned, CBS Sports reporter Steve Tasker informed the 100-million-plus viewers of TV’s most popular annual telecast that the lights in roughly half the stadium were out. The scoreboard was also not working.
“Half the power in New Orleans Superdome is out,” Tasker said while players paced and stretched on the field. “One big click »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJim Nantz
- Madden NFL 25 Review (From We Got This Covered. 23 August 2013, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- Video Game Review: ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14’ Misses the Cut (From HollywoodChicago.com. 19 April 2013, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Pat Summerall Dies at 82 (From PEOPLE.com. 16 April 2013, 5:55 PM, PDT)
Super Bowl XLVII (2013) (TV)
- Beyonce Beats Kim Kardashian as Most Searched Celebrity of 2013 (From Us Weekly. 3 December 2013, 3:41 AM, PST)
- Beyoncé Trumps Kim Kardashian as Most Searched Celebrity of 2013 (From E! Online. 2 December 2013, 11:10 AM, PST)
- Ravens’ Torrey Smith Announces Wife’s Pregnancy Via Pasta Sauce Jar (From HollywoodLife. 2 October 2013, 9:35 AM, PDT)
Phil Simms (II)
- Video Game Review: ‘Madden 25’ is Compelling But Careless (From HollywoodChicago.com. 24 September 2013, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- NFL 2013: Cam Newton and Robert Griffin III in the 'steroid era' of quarterbacks (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 23 August 2013, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- What to TiVo: Thursday (From BuzzSugar. 27 February 2013, 11:59 PM, PST)