CBS’ presentation of Super Bowl XLVII suffered an epic production snag when the lights abruptly went out in the New Orleans’ Superdome.
Shortly after Beyoncé’s splashy halftime show, the stadium was plunged into darkness. CBS Sports cut to a commercial break. When live coverage returned, CBS Sports reporter Steve Tasker informed the 100-million-plus viewers of TV’s most popular annual telecast that the lights in roughly half the stadium were out. The scoreboard was also not working.
“Half the power in New Orleans Superdome is out,” Tasker said while players paced and stretched on the field. “One big click »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJim Nantz
- 'Saturday Night Live' Recap: Chris Pratt Hosts; Ariana Grande Performs (From Uinterview. 27 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Video: Which NFL Stadium Has the Best Grub? (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 17 September 2014, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- CBS, NFL Network Combine to Draw 20.8 Million for ‘Thursday Night Football’ (From Variety - TV News. 12 September 2014, 7:58 AM, PDT)
Super Bowl XLVII (2013) (TV)
- NBC Tops Sports Emmys, Extends ‘Sunday Night Football’ Streak (From Variety - TV News. 7 May 2014, 6:22 AM, PDT)
- Watch: The 9 Greatest Super Bowl Moments That Had Nothing to Do with Football (From PEOPLE.com. 2 February 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Janet Jackson’s Nipple & More: The 6 Most Shocking Super Bowl Moments (From HollywoodLife. 2 February 2014, 5:30 AM, PST)
Phil Simms (II)
- Elementary season 3 episode 3 review: Just A Regular Irregular (From Den of Geek. 14 November 2014, 11:48 AM, PST)
- TV Ratings: 'Scandal,' 'Big Bang Theory' lead Thursday as 'A to Z' goes low (From Hitfix. 14 November 2014, 8:47 AM, PST)
- New Elementary Season 3,Episode 3 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By CBS (From OnTheFlix. 6 November 2014, 1:51 PM, PST)