CBS’ presentation of Super Bowl XLVII suffered an epic production snag when the lights abruptly went out in the New Orleans’ Superdome.
Shortly after Beyoncé’s splashy halftime show, the stadium was plunged into darkness. CBS Sports cut to a commercial break. When live coverage returned, CBS Sports reporter Steve Tasker informed the 100-million-plus viewers of TV’s most popular annual telecast that the lights in roughly half the stadium were out. The scoreboard was also not working.
“Half the power in New Orleans Superdome is out,” Tasker said while players paced and stretched on the field. “One big click »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJim Nantz
- Video Game Review: ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14’ Misses the Cut (From HollywoodChicago.com. 19 April 2013, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Pat Summerall Dies at 82 (From PEOPLE.com. 16 April 2013, 5:55 PM, PDT)
- Final Four 2013 dates, times and TV channel (From ChannelGuideMag. 4 April 2013, 11:17 AM, PDT)
Super Bowl XLVII (2013) (TV)
- Beyonce bans photographers from 'Mrs. Carter Show' tour to solve unflattering photos problem (From Pop2it. 23 April 2013, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- Kurt Warner hosts USA Network’s uplifting “The Moment” (From ChannelGuideMag. 4 April 2013, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Joe Flacco at McDonald's: Photo shows a $52 million grin (From Pop2it. 5 March 2013, 2:03 PM, PST)
Phil Simms (II)
- What to TiVo: Thursday (From BuzzSugar. 27 February 2013, 11:59 PM, PST)
- Iron Man 3 Extended Facebook Super Bowl Commercial! (From MovieWeb. 4 February 2013, 10:41 AM, PST)
- Watch Every 2013 Super Bowl Movie Commercial! (From MovieWeb. 4 February 2013, 8:30 AM, PST)