We found the kids singing at first by themselves to be the real moment of the performance. It wasn't like it had the immediacy of when the New York children's choir sang "Silent Night" during "Saturday Night Live" the day following the horrible shooting, but for some reason it still really got to us. Probably just from imagining what that whole poor community went through.
In fact, we actually could've done with J-Hud, not that she didn't look and sound beautiful. But those kids were doing just fine on their own. Video below.
What do you think, Pop2it readers? Do you agree that it should've been just the kids?
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Original Songs Set the Stage for Multi-Platiform Competition Between Shows (From Variety - TV News. 2 June 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Tracy Morgan Wonders How "I'm Going to Be Funny Again," Wants to Make His Fans Laugh Soon—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 1 June 2015, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- Tracy Morgan: "I Wonder How I'm Going to Be Funny Again" (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 1 June 2015, 6:39 PM, PDT)
Jennifer Hudson (I)
- Justin Bieber Singing "Baby" With James Corden Will Seriously Make You Love Him Again (From Popsugar. 31 May 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Jeffrey Wright and Jennifer Hudson Join Cast of HBO's Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas Project (From ShadowAndAct. 29 May 2015, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- Jeffrey Wright and Jennifer Hudson Join Cast of HBO's Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas Project (From Indiewire Television. 29 May 2015, 12:34 PM, PDT)
America the Beautiful (2007)
- ‘Wrestlemania 31′ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 24 May 2015, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- Jamie Foxx -- Singing Nat'l Anthem ... At Mayweather vs. Pacquiao (From TMZ. 27 April 2015, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Disappointing ‘Welcome to New York’ feels like conquered ground for Ferrara (From SoundOnSight. 2 April 2015, 4:45 PM, PDT)