We found the kids singing at first by themselves to be the real moment of the performance. It wasn't like it had the immediacy of when the New York children's choir sang "Silent Night" during "Saturday Night Live" the day following the horrible shooting, but for some reason it still really got to us. Probably just from imagining what that whole poor community went through.
In fact, we actually could've done with J-Hud, not that she didn't look and sound beautiful. But those kids were doing just fine on their own. Video below.
What do you think, Pop2it readers? Do you agree that it should've been just the kids?
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- The HeyUGuys Interview: Brendan Fraser talks Escape from Planet Earth (From HeyUGuys. 7 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Review: Comedy Central's 'Review with Forrest MacNeil' (From Hitfix. 6 March 2014, 9:34 AM, PST)
- Tina Fey Recalls Her "Worst" Audition: It Involves McDonald's, Her Scar and a Perm—Watch Now (From E! Online. 6 March 2014, 8:37 AM, PST)
Jennifer Hudson (I)
- Oscar Winners Who Won For Their First Movie (From BuzzSugar. 4 March 2014, 6:22 PM, PST)
- Meme: Rufus Wainwright’s Coming Out Was Rough, Jennifer Hudson Got Her Start In Gay Bars, NFL Discussing Ban on F-word (From The Backlot. 3 March 2014, 4:24 AM, PST)
- Lupita Nyong'o Wins Best Supporting Actress at the 2014 Oscars: Celebs Tweet Congrats! (From E! Online. 2 March 2014, 8:14 PM, PST)
America the Beautiful (2007)
- Watch: John Hillcoat's Controversial Super Bowl Coke Ad, Director Talks Backlash & Personal Reaction (From The Playlist. 13 February 2014, 7:24 AM, PST)
- Here's the Trailer for 'The Purge' Sequel, Now With More 'Anarchy' (Video) (From Moviefone. 12 February 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: Title Revealed - The Purge: Anarchy; Description of the First Trailer and Stills (From Dread Central. 10 February 2014, 5:23 PM, PST)