Paramount Pictures has aired a first look at their highly-anticipated sci-fi sequel Star Trek Into Darkness during Super Bowl Xlvii. Take a look at the latest footage from director J.J. Abrams' outer space thriller starring Chris Pine, Karl Urban., Benedict Cumberbatch, and Zoe Saldana, then read on for an exciting announcement regarding the new Star Trek Into Darkness app.
Star Trek Into Darkness Super Bowl Commerical
Last month, Paramount Pictures and Qualcomm announced a new smartphone app for Star Trek Into Darkness, with a special surprise to be unlocked during the big game. During the game, the studio revealed that this sci-fi sequel will debut in IMAX 3D theaters two days early, starting May 15, and that fans who have downloaded the app have the first chance to buy tickets for this early engagement. Take a look at the official details in the press release below.
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- 9 Reasons to Be Excited for Star Wars: Rogue One (From MovieWeb. 28 July 2016, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek: was Cumberbatch supposed to be Gary Mitchell? (From Den of Geek. 27 July 2016, 7:54 AM, PDT)
- The Current Debate: What "Star Trek Beyond" Learns From TV (From MUBI. 27 July 2016, 3:53 AM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Films of 1986; Aliens Hits The 30 Year Mark (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 July 2016, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- Paramount TV Names Eben Davidson Svp of Development (From Variety - TV News. 27 July 2016, 8:19 AM, PDT)
- EU accepts Paramount concessions in pay-tv probe (From ScreenDaily. 27 July 2016, 4:42 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Star Trek Beyond (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 27 July 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Joe Corallo: Minority Opinion (From Comicmix. 26 July 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek Beyond opens to $89 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2016, 4:53 PM, PDT)