Paramount Pictures has aired a first look at their highly-anticipated sci-fi sequel Star Trek Into Darkness during Super Bowl Xlvii. Take a look at the latest footage from director J.J. Abrams' outer space thriller starring Chris Pine, Karl Urban., Benedict Cumberbatch, and Zoe Saldana, then read on for an exciting announcement regarding the new Star Trek Into Darkness app.
Star Trek Into Darkness Super Bowl Commerical
Last month, Paramount Pictures and Qualcomm announced a new smartphone app for Star Trek Into Darkness, with a special surprise to be unlocked during the big game. During the game, the studio revealed that this sci-fi sequel will debut in IMAX 3D theaters two days early, starting May 15, and that fans who have downloaded the app have the first chance to buy tickets for this early engagement. Take a look at the official details in the press release below.
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Netflix Acquires Rights to Oren Uziel’s ‘Shimmer Lake’ Starring Benjamin Walker (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 23 September 2016, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Westworld Review: For a Series About Robots, HBO's Drama Has a Lotta Heart (From TVLine.com. 23 September 2016, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Glorious High Def Trailer for Don Coscarelli's 'Phantasm' Remastered (From FirstShowing.net. 22 September 2016, 1:24 AM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Paramount Pictures delays Rings and Friday the 13th (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Rob Moore to Exit as Paramount Pictures Vice Chairman (From The Wrap. 23 September 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Rob Moore Exiting As Paramount Vice Chairman (From Deadline. 23 September 2016, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- Kirk is feeling a little lonely in deleted scene from Star Trek Beyond (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2016, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek Beyond Blu-ray cover art and special features announced (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek Beyond Orbits Digital HD Oct. 4, Disc Nov. 1 (From Comicmix. 21 September 2016, 10:49 AM, PDT)