Forget about heartwarming stories, because here's cinema's first ever brainwarming story: According to Film.com, the new zombie romcom "Warm Bodies" easily won the box office title this weekend, earning an estimated $20 million in its opening frame.
Meanwhile, "Bullet to the Head" took a bullet to the head, as the Sylvester Stallone vehicle only managed a terrible $4.5 million, putting it at sixth place on the charts behind returning films "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters," "Silver Linings Playbook," "Mama" and "Zero Dark Thirty."
For a full rundown of the weekend box office, including figures for award season hits "Lincoln" and "Django Unchained," head to Film.com. »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSylvester Stallone
- 5 Summer Box Office Takeaways: Marvel Rules, China Rises and Stars Matter (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- John Lithgow: "I was just dreadful" in Cliffhanger (From Den of Geek. 31 August 2014, 10:58 PM, PDT)
- John Lithgow: 'I was dreadful in Cliffhanger' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 31 August 2014, 1:43 PM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Watch: Every Gunshot from Quentin Tarantino's Movies (From Rope Of Silicon. 1 September 2014, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- First Look at Christoph Waltz and Margo Robbie in Tarzan, From Harry Potter Director (From Worst Previews. 30 August 2014, 4:28 AM, PDT)
- First look at Margot Robbie’s Jane Porter in David Yates’ Tarzan (From Flickeringmyth. 30 August 2014, 3:40 AM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes crosses $600 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 31 August 2014, 11:15 PM, PDT)
- The 85th Academy Awards: If I had been a voter (From Hollywoodnews.com. 28 August 2014, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Chastain Reveals Mama 2 May Be Nothing But A Ghost (From We Got This Covered. 27 August 2014, 8:34 PM, PDT)