Forget about heartwarming stories, because here's cinema's first ever brainwarming story: According to Film.com, the new zombie romcom "Warm Bodies" easily won the box office title this weekend, earning an estimated $20 million in its opening frame.
Meanwhile, "Bullet to the Head" took a bullet to the head, as the Sylvester Stallone vehicle only managed a terrible $4.5 million, putting it at sixth place on the charts behind returning films "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters," "Silver Linings Playbook," "Mama" and "Zero Dark Thirty."
For a full rundown of the weekend box office, including figures for award season hits "Lincoln" and "Django Unchained," head to Film.com. »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSylvester Stallone
- Top 10 “One Last Job” Scenes (From SoundOnSight. 11 September 2014, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Rambo: Last Blood Starts Filming Next Month (From Filmonic. 11 September 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- The Best Documentaries at Toronto So Far (From Thompson on Hollywood. 11 September 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Says Police Detained Her for No Reason (From Entertainment Tonight. 14 September 2014, 6:28 PM, PDT)
- Orange Is the New Black Writer Divorces Husband, Dates Samira Wiley; Django Star Daniele Watts Handcuffed After Kissing Husband: Top Stories (From Us Weekly. 14 September 2014, 2:58 PM, PDT)
- ‘Django Unchained’ Actress Claims She Was Detained by Lapd, Mistaken for Prostitute (From The Wrap. 14 September 2014, 2:36 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- The Punisher cameo in Captain America: The Winter Soldier? (From Flickeringmyth. 14 September 2014, 1:50 AM, PDT)
- Tiff 2014: Jon Stewart’s ‘Rosewater’ is a cogent, entertaining commentary on an isolated hell and the power of information (From SoundOnSight. 13 September 2014, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Brian Grazer Shares Career Tips With French Producers at Deauville Fest (From Variety - Film News. 13 September 2014, 1:36 PM, PDT)