Johnny Depp has found his next role.
Depp has nabbed the part of infamous gangster Whitey Bulger in the upcoming thriller "Black Mass." Adapted from Dick Lehr and Gerard O'Neill's non-fiction book of the same name, "Black Mass" will be directed by Barry Levinson ("Rain Man").
“I could not be more thrilled to have the biggest star in the world and Academy Award-winning director Barry Levinson to finally bring this incredible story to the big screen," producer Brian Oliver said in a release. "'Black Mass' expertly details the twists and turns of this highly complex story, painting a vivid portrait of Boston's underbelly and its corrupt political machine, as well as exposing the worstscandal in FBI history. It's also an examination of loyalty to family, Irish heritage, and South Boston."
Bulger, 83, became famous for his mobster past and his work as an FBI informant. Bulger was arrested »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – December 9th 2013 (From HeyUGuys. 9 December 2013, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Jamie Dornan Brings Christian Grey's Smoldering Looks to Life (From BuzzSugar. 7 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- TheWrap Screening Series: ‘The Book Thief’ Star Geoffrey Rush Heaps Praise on Co-Star Sophie Nelisse (From The Wrap. 6 December 2013, 9:11 PM, PST)
Barry Levinson (I)
- R.I.P. ‘Ellen’ Actress Kate Williamson (From Deadline TV. 7 December 2013, 12:24 PM, PST)
- ‘Ellen’ Actress Kate Williamson Dead at 82 (From The Wrap. 7 December 2013, 10:34 AM, PST)
- Wamg Interview – Ron Judkins: Director of Finding Neighbors – Sliff 2013 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 14 November 2013, 12:32 PM, PST)
Rain Man (1988)
- ‘Adele’ Kicks off Cannes’ European Film Week in Buenos Aires (From Variety - Film News. 30 November 2013, 4:54 AM, PST)
- Honey | Review (From ioncinema. 22 November 2013, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Race, Gender, and Sexuality at the Oscars, Part II (From Scott Feinberg. 22 November 2013, 10:05 AM, PST)