The Splash! final was the most-watched TV programme on Saturday night.
Tom Daley's five-part ITV diving format, yesterday won by Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards, concluded with 5.33m - the reality competition's second highest audience behind the launch show.
Splash Live final gallery.
Splash! - which peaked with 6.5m - did manage its highest share of the series though, averaging 23.8% of the available audience in its slightly extended slot between 7pm and 8.30pm.
Britain's Brightest mustered 4.34m (19.6%) for BBC One up against Splash!, but the channel fared better with In It To Win It (4.9m/21.3%), Casualty (5.16m/22.5%) and a Mrs Brown's Boys repeat later on (4.78m/22.5%).
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- Set and match: the best and worst TV dating shows (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 July 2016, 5:43 AM, PDT)
- Channel 4’s Naked Attraction picks up more viewers than Big Brother (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 July 2016, 2:47 AM, PDT)
- Naked attraction: the apocalyptic rise of nude dating shows (From The Guardian - TV News. 25 July 2016, 2:10 AM, PDT)
Jonathan Ross (I)
- Prosecutor: Harrison Ford could have been killed in 'Star Wars' accident (From Hitfix. 26 July 2016, 8:53 AM, PDT)
- Jonathan Ross’s ITV chatshow 'could be axed from next year' (From The Guardian - TV News. 8 June 2016, 2:17 AM, PDT)
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington Gives Shocking Answers—Literally—to Your Burning Questions (From E! Online. 4 April 2016, 7:10 AM, PDT)
- U.K. and South Africa Ink TV Co-Production Deal (From Variety - TV News. 7 July 2016, 7:11 AM, PDT)
- Royal Blue! Princess Kate Hosts Dazzling Dinner for Olympic Hopefuls at Kensington Palace (From PEOPLE.com. 9 June 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- UK financier Creativity Capital hires former Fyzz Facility exec (From ScreenDaily. 4 May 2016, 2:08 AM, PDT)