The Wolverine, a Japanese set film based on the popular character from the original X-Men film trilogy, is due for release in July. It is based on the highly acclaimed original Wolverine miniseries by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller. Although it is said to be based on the original miniseries, it also includes influences from the followup stories in Uncanny X-Men 172 & 173 with the inclusion of Silver Samurai and Viper as villains.
This film is a very important one for Fox Studios. It is the second solo outing for Wolverine following the poorly received X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It is also the first film to be a direct continuation of the story from X-Men: The Last Stand, and will lead into the next X-Men film Days of Future Past to be released in 2014.
- Tristan Heron
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- ‘Collateral Beauty’ Gets Holiday Release As Warners Delays ‘Chicken Soup For The Soul’ (From Deadline. 8 February 2016, 6:10 PM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman posts sun safety appeal after getting skin cancer removed (From The Guardian - Film News. 8 February 2016, 4:01 PM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman Treated Again for Skin Cancer, Urges Fans to Use Sunscreen (From Moviefone. 8 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- ‘X-Men’ Live-Action TV Series in Development at Fox (From Variety - Film News. 26 January 2015, 11:19 AM, PST)
- 24 Things We Learned from the ‘X-Men’ Commentary (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 May 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Sundance: Bryan Singer, Tracy Chapman, Leonard Maltin, ‘Prometheus’ Writer Join Juries (From The Wrap. 9 January 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- Deadpool Review: It’s Okay To Start Touching Yourself (From TheHDRoom. 8 February 2016, 2:36 PM, PST)
- Deadpool is totally a feminist, according to Deadpool writer Gerry Duggan (From Hitfix. 8 February 2016, 1:20 PM, PST)
- ‘Deadpool’ Review Roundup: Is the Merc With a Mouth Worth the Wait? (From Slash Film. 8 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)