From the director of 50/50 and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, Warm Bodies is not that hot. Director Jonathan Levine has adapted Isaac Marion's unique zombie love story into a predictably safe PG-13 screenplay.
There are a couple of well-established formulas for zombie movies that people expect to see. First and perhaps most prevalent is the survival story that pits a random group of people against an inevitable horde of the undead, trapped in a shopping mall or on an island, usually killing them off one by one until they are all gone or perhaps one or two escape.
Next is the post-apocalyptic adventure which focuses on one or two travellers as they make their way through a landscape from which the undead pop up along the way to drive the story forward. Zombieland is one of the best recent examples.
Many films combine elements of both of these stories, »
- Mike Saulters
Similar News ItemsNicholas Hoult
- X-Men 7 Gets Titled Dark Phoenix, Sophie Turner Will Return (From MovieWeb. 22 April 2017, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: The Meteoric Rise of ‘Hidden Figures’ and ‘Scream Queens’ Star Glen Powell (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 April 2017, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- Review: ‘Sand Castle’ Gets to the Heart of War’s Futility (From The Film Stage. 21 April 2017, 3:59 AM, PDT)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- 'The Lion King' Wants Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner For Timon and Pumbaa (From Movies.com. 25 April 2017, 7:47 PM, PDT)
- Disney Schedules Release Dates for 'Star Wars' Films, 'Frozen 2' (From Rolling Stone. 25 April 2017, 5:09 PM, PDT)
- 'The Lion King' Wants Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner For Timon and Pumbaa (From Fandango. 25 April 2017, 1:52 PM, PDT)
Teresa Palmer (I)
- Berlin Syndrome review – unfortunate narrative slumps mar an ambitious thriller (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 April 2017, 8:18 PM, PDT)
- ‘Berlin Syndrome’ Trailer: Teresa Palmer’s Tourist Gets Captured Overseas (From Slash Film. 1 April 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Trailer for Berlin Syndrome starring Teresa Palmer and Max Riemelt (From Flickeringmyth. 31 March 2017, 8:30 PM, PDT)