Will we need TV channels in ten years time? Even though I watch most of my TV in advance of the schedules and use plenty of catch-up services, I find the idea of TV becoming one giant splodge in the internet-sphere slightly unnerving.
But I'm still recovering from the news that I probably won't be able to buy CDs at HMV in the near future, so maybe I need to get 'down with the kids' and 'move with the times, granddad'.
If Netflix has anything to do with it, the way we watch TV will change. We may have grown up in an age when TV shows are drip-fed to us week-by-week, teasing us with morsels and hooking us in, but in the shiny new Netflix world you can have the whole damn cake in one sitting if you like.
The TV streaming service is expanding beyond showcasing classic »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Loveable Rogues not in touch with Cowell (From Virgin Media - TV. 24 July 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- 18 Celebrities Expecting New Arrivals in 2014 (From Popsugar. 23 July 2014, 2:21 PM, PDT)
- Pudsey the Movie is a lame duck - does it spell the end for Simon Cowell, film producer? (From The Guardian - TV News. 23 July 2014, 9:24 AM, PDT)
- Bradley Cooper, Uma Thurman, Sienna Miller, Daniel Brühl, Jamie Dornan and More Begin Production on 'Adam Jones' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 July 2014, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Author Gillian Flynn discusses the 'disassembling' of her 'Gone Girl' (From Hitfix. 24 July 2014, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- A second stab at Golden Globe predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 24 July 2014, 9:37 AM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2011)
- The HeyUGuys Interview: Director Michael Noer on Northwest, and the new-wave of Danish filmmakers (From HeyUGuys. 24 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Carol Vorderman wins 'Rear of the Year' for second time (From RealBollywood. 23 July 2014, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Tulisa to discuss drugs sting and trial in BBC Three documentary (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 July 2014, 2:54 AM, PDT)