Will we need TV channels in ten years time? Even though I watch most of my TV in advance of the schedules and use plenty of catch-up services, I find the idea of TV becoming one giant splodge in the internet-sphere slightly unnerving.
But I'm still recovering from the news that I probably won't be able to buy CDs at HMV in the near future, so maybe I need to get 'down with the kids' and 'move with the times, granddad'.
If Netflix has anything to do with it, the way we watch TV will change. We may have grown up in an age when TV shows are drip-fed to us week-by-week, teasing us with morsels and hooking us in, but in the shiny new Netflix world you can have the whole damn cake in one sitting if you like.
The TV streaming service is expanding beyond showcasing classic »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- The X Factor: Simon Cowell Says Fox Series Will Return Next Season (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 December 2013, 5:16 PM, PST)
- 'Big Brother,' 'X Factor' Garner Most 2013 Complaints From U.K. TV Viewers (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 December 2013, 4:43 AM, PST)
- Simon Cowell lands 25m pay deal (From Virgin Media - TV. 17 December 2013, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Brad Pitt turns 50: 10 of the actor's defining career moments (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 December 2013, 5:00 AM, PST)
- New Book Based On ‘Girl With A Dragon Tattoo’ Trilogy In The Works (From Screen Rant. 17 December 2013, 4:03 PM, PST)
- Sundance’s ‘Returned’: Subtitles Are No Longer Something to Fear (From Variety - TV News. 17 December 2013, 12:25 PM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2011)
- Tim Witherspoon: 5 Things To Know About Kelly Rowland’s Fiance (From HollywoodLife. 18 December 2013, 5:53 AM, PST)
- Simon Cowell to spend Christmas with Sinitta, sans pregnant gal-pal (From RealBollywood. 17 December 2013, 10:31 PM, PST)
- Kelly Rowland Reveals Fiancé Tim Witherspoon Proposed Via Skype (From HollywoodLife. 17 December 2013, 6:22 PM, PST)