Will we need TV channels in ten years time? Even though I watch most of my TV in advance of the schedules and use plenty of catch-up services, I find the idea of TV becoming one giant splodge in the internet-sphere slightly unnerving.
But I'm still recovering from the news that I probably won't be able to buy CDs at HMV in the near future, so maybe I need to get 'down with the kids' and 'move with the times, granddad'.
If Netflix has anything to do with it, the way we watch TV will change. We may have grown up in an age when TV shows are drip-fed to us week-by-week, teasing us with morsels and hooking us in, but in the shiny new Netflix world you can have the whole damn cake in one sitting if you like.
The TV streaming service is expanding beyond showcasing classic »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Simon Cowell -- I Party Like a 'Beverly Hills Housewife!' (From TMZ. 12 October 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- X Factor's Seann Miley Moore: 'I felt better when Mason Noise left - it's one less talent to compete against' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 October 2015, 5:17 AM, PDT)
- UK TV ratings: Strictly beats X Factor on Sunday by nearly a million viewers (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 October 2015, 2:58 AM, PDT)
- DGA Honors: Tyler Perry on the Films That Got Him Into the Guild (From Variety - Film News. 13 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Fincher, Nolan, Spielberg, Soderbergh, Cuarón, and More Discuss Their Filmmaking Process (From The Film Stage. 13 October 2015, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Tarantino Talks 'The Hateful Eight,' 'The Big Valley' and Pauline Kael with Bret Easton Ellis (From Thompson on Hollywood. 12 October 2015, 2:10 PM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2011)
- Caroline Flack has a 'broken arm' (From Virgin Media - TV. 13 October 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- X Factor: Nick Grimshaw wishes Tom Bleasby luck and congratulates him on handling Six Chair Challenge "circus" (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 October 2015, 2:37 AM, PDT)
- Twitter reacts to Celebrity First Dates: "Somewhere, a cruel producer is cackling" (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 October 2015, 2:28 PM, PDT)