Will we need TV channels in ten years time? Even though I watch most of my TV in advance of the schedules and use plenty of catch-up services, I find the idea of TV becoming one giant splodge in the internet-sphere slightly unnerving.
But I'm still recovering from the news that I probably won't be able to buy CDs at HMV in the near future, so maybe I need to get 'down with the kids' and 'move with the times, granddad'.
If Netflix has anything to do with it, the way we watch TV will change. We may have grown up in an age when TV shows are drip-fed to us week-by-week, teasing us with morsels and hooking us in, but in the shiny new Netflix world you can have the whole damn cake in one sitting if you like.
The TV streaming service is expanding beyond showcasing classic »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- 'Agt' Winner -- 'I Don't Know My Name' ... But I Know I Got Sweet Bonuses (From TMZ. 24 October 2016, 12:40 AM, PDT)
- Rebecca Black Looks Back on Her Viral Hit ‘Friday’ — 5 Years Later! (From PEOPLE.com. 21 October 2016, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- It's Ore's world now – the Strictly judges marvel at a miraculous jive (From The Guardian - TV News. 17 October 2016, 3:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘House of Cards’ Season 5 Books Patricia Clarkson and Campbell Scott for ‘Major Roles’ (From Indiewire. 23 October 2016, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- ‘House of Cards’ Season 5 Books Patricia Clarkson and Campbell Scott for ‘Major Roles’ (From Indiewire Television. 23 October 2016, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Why more franchises should embrace the Alien model (From Flickeringmyth. 23 October 2016, 6:25 AM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2011)
- The Apprentice 2016, week three – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 October 2016, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- Little Mix Was Shamed for Wearing Skimpy Outfits on X Factor and Here Is Why That's Completely Ridiculous (From E! Online. 17 October 2016, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- Former Spice Girls Star Mel C Criticizes Little Mix For Being Too ‘Provocative’ (From ET Canada. 16 October 2016, 1:06 PM, PDT)