Will we need TV channels in ten years time? Even though I watch most of my TV in advance of the schedules and use plenty of catch-up services, I find the idea of TV becoming one giant splodge in the internet-sphere slightly unnerving.
But I'm still recovering from the news that I probably won't be able to buy CDs at HMV in the near future, so maybe I need to get 'down with the kids' and 'move with the times, granddad'.
If Netflix has anything to do with it, the way we watch TV will change. We may have grown up in an age when TV shows are drip-fed to us week-by-week, teasing us with morsels and hooking us in, but in the shiny new Netflix world you can have the whole damn cake in one sitting if you like.
The TV streaming service is expanding beyond showcasing classic »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Simon Cowell working on Dragons' Den style show (From Virgin Media - TV. 14 March 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Louis Walsh not worried about X Factor axe (From Virgin Media - TV. 13 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Simon Cowell's Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Shows Off Her Slim Post-Baby Body in a Sheer Top—See the Pic! (From E! Online. 12 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Enemy' (2014) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 14 March 2014, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- Review: Denis Villeneuve's Terrifically Haunting 'Enemy' Starring Jake Gyllenhaal (From The Playlist. 13 March 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- SXSW 2014: How Tilda Swinton Rolls (From FilmSchoolRejects. 13 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2011)
- Cheryl Cole and Simon Cowell in X Factor promo: "It changed my life" (From Digital Spy - TV news. 14 March 2014, 6:12 AM, PDT)
- Reports from the frontline of the X Factor war mirror the tensions in Britain's coalition government (From The Guardian - TV News. 13 March 2014, 5:07 PM, PDT)
- Scherzinger oozes oomph in Missguided promotional video (From RealBollywood. 13 March 2014, 12:22 AM, PDT)