I asked former New York City Mayor Ed Koch on Sunday afternoon, January 13, 2013, at the Film Society of Lincoln Center's premiere, how he would start his review of Koch. He hesitated for a moment and gave me the above line with that famous twinkle in his eye.
Three-term New York City Mayor Ed Koch at the age of 88 being assisted off the stage.
We were referring to the opening sequence of Neil Barsky's forthright documentary, that shows Koch flying home at night above the city he marked so well. The scene is the film's "first wild promise," to quote The Great Gatsby out of the context F. Scott Fitzgerald used it in, namely to describe the bridge that now bears Koch's name.
"The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, »
- Anne-Katrin Titze
Similar News ItemsThe Great Gatsby (1974)
- Movie News: Edward Herrmann Dies at 71; New, Dazzling 'Cinderella' International Trailer (From Movies.com. 2 January 2015, 12:00 PM, PST)
- News Briefs: Edward Herrmann Dies at 71; New, Dazzling 'Cinderella' International Trailer (From Fandango. 2 January 2015, 10:37 AM, PST)
- Happy New Year to the Oldest Living Oscar Peeps (From FilmExperience. 1 January 2015, 10:21 AM, PST)
F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Five Unmissable Buñuel Classics Tonight on TCM (From Alt Film Guide. 26 January 2015, 5:24 PM, PST)
- Daily | Muratova, Marker, Hiroki (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 26 January 2015, 11:44 AM, PST)
- Daily | Muratova, Marker, Hiroki (From Keyframe. 26 January 2015, 11:44 AM, PST)
- Kristen Stewart, Juliette Binoche and Olivier Assayas Talk Clouds of Sils Maria (52nd New York Film Festival) (From ShockYa. 24 October 2014, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- New York Film Fest: Steve Carell's Isolated Shoot as a "Tortured Individual" in 'Foxcatcher' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 October 2014, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- New York Film Fest: 'Saint Laurent' Director Talks Screening Designer Biopic for Karl Lagerfeld (From The Hollywood Reporter. 29 September 2014, 9:48 AM, PDT)