James D'Arcy sweeps into the London restaurant, grabs my hand in a matey greeting, and slides in beside me on the banquette. He wriggles out of a black sweater, revealing an olive T-shirt and tanned forearms.
I have just seen Hitchcock, his most recent film, an enjoyably heightened account of the making of Psycho in which he gives an eerily exact rendering of Anthony Perkins, wringing his rolled-up script anxiously in the presence of Hitch (played by Anthony Hopkins). Like most of his work to date, it gives no clue as to whom D'Arcy might be offscreen; he is equal parts talent, pointed handsomeness and mystery.
Though alert and nuanced in everything from the briny melee of Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World »
- Ryan Gilbey
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- The X-Files: 15 Creepiest Creatures (From Obsessed with Film. 21 August 2014, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- Rockin' Rock and Shock Announces Second Round of Guests for 11th Annual Event (From Dread Central. 21 August 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- To Be Takei – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 August 2014, 6:29 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg Developing Minority Report TV Series with Godzilla Writer (From Collider.com. 21 August 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- C4 orders series from Spielberg writer (From ScreenDaily. 21 August 2014, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Best of Late Night TV: Lindsay Lohan Takes the Ice Bucket Challenge, Jared Leto Gets Shaved (Video) (From Moviefone. 21 August 2014, 12:27 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg to Develop Minority Report as TV Series (From GeekTyrant. 21 August 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Spielberg Plans A "Minority Report" Series (From Dark Horizons. 21 August 2014, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- ‘Extant’: Parenthood (From Screen Rant. 21 August 2014, 1:18 PM, PDT)