You'd think that Lena Dunham would have enough on her plate, what with writing, producing, directing, and starring in her HBO comedy "Girls," which was just picked up for a Season 3. But she's taking on more responsibility at the network!
The new show is based on the book "All Dressed Up and Everywhere to Go," a memoir by personal shopper Betty Halbreich. It chronicles her career at NYC's Bergdorf Goodman department store, making luxe purchases for Manhattan's wealthiest and most famous residents, like Joan Rivers, Meryl Streep, Sarah Jessica Parker, Katie Couric and Glenn Close.
HBO purchased the rights to Halbreich's book last year -- they'd already had a connection, as Halbreich was also a tastemaker for "Sex and the City." »
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- 'Billy on the Street': What are Lena Dunham, Amy Poehler, and Lindsay Lohan doing on the show? (From EW.com - Inside TV. 12 March 2014, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- Who Won't Billy Eichner Talk to on the Street? (From Popsugar. 12 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Who Won't Billy Eichner Talk to on the Street? (From BuzzSugar. 12 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
Sarah Jessica Parker
- Sarah Jessica Parker Opens Up Her Stylish NYC Brownstone— Watch Now! (From E! Online. 12 March 2014, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Portrait: Sarah Jessica Parker Introduces Shoe Line (From HollywoodChicago.com. 10 March 2014, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel, 300: Rise Of An Empire, Paranoia: this week's new films (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 March 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Jesse Plemons, John Boyega and Ed Speleers in contention for Star Wars: Episode VII lead (From Flickeringmyth. 13 March 2014, 1:34 AM, PDT)
- The five actors vying for the Star Wars: Episode VII lead (From Den of Geek. 12 March 2014, 11:21 PM, PDT)
- Five Up For "Star Wars Ep VII" Jedi Role (From Dark Horizons. 12 March 2014, 10:31 PM, PDT)