You'd think that Lena Dunham would have enough on her plate, what with writing, producing, directing, and starring in her HBO comedy "Girls," which was just picked up for a Season 3. But she's taking on more responsibility at the network!
The new show is based on the book "All Dressed Up and Everywhere to Go," a memoir by personal shopper Betty Halbreich. It chronicles her career at NYC's Bergdorf Goodman department store, making luxe purchases for Manhattan's wealthiest and most famous residents, like Joan Rivers, Meryl Streep, Sarah Jessica Parker, Katie Couric and Glenn Close.
HBO purchased the rights to Halbreich's book last year -- they'd already had a connection, as Halbreich was also a tastemaker for "Sex and the City." »
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- Golden Globes 2014: full list of nominations (From The Guardian - Film News. 12 December 2013, 6:48 AM, PST)
- Golden Globe Award Nominations 2014: Kerry Washington & More (From HollywoodLife. 12 December 2013, 6:18 AM, PST)
- 2013 Golden Globe Nominees Revealed (From Entertainment Tonight. 12 December 2013, 6:15 AM, PST)
Sarah Jessica Parker
- The 100 Best Social Media Snaps of the Year! (From Popsugar. 10 December 2013, 9:23 PM, PST)
- Sarah Jessica Parker vs. AnnaSophia Robb in a Battle of the Carrie Bradshaws (From E! Online. 10 December 2013, 3:00 PM, PST)
- When Carrie Bradshaw Met Carrie Bradshaw (From Popsugar. 10 December 2013, 7:23 AM, PST)
- 'Law & Order: Svu's' Capt. Cragen retires: 12 other great cop-show bosses (plus Jim Dangle) (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 10 December 2013, 10:00 PM, PST)
- The Obamas Go Glam to Honor Art Icons (From Popsugar. 9 December 2013, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Bradley Cooper on Rocket Raccoon's Voice in Guardians Of The Galaxy (From GeekTyrant. 9 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)