You'd think that Lena Dunham would have enough on her plate, what with writing, producing, directing, and starring in her HBO comedy "Girls," which was just picked up for a Season 3. But she's taking on more responsibility at the network!
The new show is based on the book "All Dressed Up and Everywhere to Go," a memoir by personal shopper Betty Halbreich. It chronicles her career at NYC's Bergdorf Goodman department store, making luxe purchases for Manhattan's wealthiest and most famous residents, like Joan Rivers, Meryl Streep, Sarah Jessica Parker, Katie Couric and Glenn Close.
HBO purchased the rights to Halbreich's book last year -- they'd already had a connection, as Halbreich was also a tastemaker for "Sex and the City." »
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- Two more clips from Disney’s Into the Woods (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Tom Brokaw Says His Cancer Is in Remission (From The Wrap. 21 December 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Tom Brokaw: 'My Cancer Is in Remission' (From PEOPLE.com. 21 December 2014, 9:35 AM, PST)
Sarah Jessica Parker
- Sarah Jessica Parker May Return to HBO (From Boomtron. 19 December 2014, 6:58 PM, PST)
- Sarah Jessica Parker Nears HBO Return With New Comedy (From The Wrap. 19 December 2014, 2:56 PM, PST)
- Sarah Jessica Parker Expected to Return to HBO in ‘Divorce’ Comedy (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 2:23 PM, PST)
- ‘Girls’ Star Zosia Mamet to Workshop Reese Witherspoon Role in ‘American Psycho’ Musical (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 20 December 2014, 1:57 PM, PST)
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert (From TVLine.com. 20 December 2014, 9:33 AM, PST)
- Sarah Jessica Parker Eyes HBO Comeback in Divorce Comedy (From TVLine.com. 19 December 2014, 2:00 PM, PST)