It’s Super Bowl weekend, and that means the box office is about to get sacked.
Since much of the American moviegoing public will will be glued to the tube on Sunday to watch the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49ers, box office receipts are expected to plummet, though some brave souls will venture out to see this week’s new wide releases: the zombie romance Warm Bodies and Sylvester Stallone’s shoot-em-up Bullet to the Head.
Here’s how the slow frame may play out:
1. Warm Bodies – $18 million
After five Twilight movies, Summit Entertainment (now owned by »
- Grady Smith
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd Brainstorm on How to Save Moviegoing (From Variety - Film News. 25 July 2016, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2016: Biggest Hits and Misses from the TV Panels (From Variety - TV News. 25 July 2016, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Producers on Ezekiel, Shiva, and More New Characters in Season 7 [Comic-Con 2016] (From Slash Film. 25 July 2016, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Guardians 2 Director Reveals Ravagers Photo and Tons of New Details (From MovieWeb. 25 July 2016, 2:34 PM, PDT)
- What Is Sylvester Stallone Doing in Guardians of the Galaxy 2? (From MovieWeb. 25 July 2016, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- James Gunn gives us a look at the Ravagers from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2016, 11:41 AM, PDT)
- Xavier Dolan’s New Movie ‘The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan’ Gets Striking Poster With Unique Easter Egg (From Indiewire. 16 July 2016, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Gun Lobby Movie Miss Sloane Set For Awards Season (From We Got This Covered. 15 July 2016, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- Oscar Chart Updates: Picture, Director, Screenplay (From FilmExperience. 14 July 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)