The cold war is red hot.
Wednesday’s premiere of FX’s espionage thriller The Americans attracted 3.22 million total viewers and 1.57 million adults 18-49, besting the debuts of American Horror Story in the former category and Sons of Anarchy in the latter.
When you factor in the two encore telecasts that followed the premiere, the show drew combined 4.7 million viewers and 2.54 million adults 18-49 for the night.
“We’re very happy with premiere ratings for The Americans and, just as importantly, we’re proud of the widespread critical acclaim the show has received, »
- Michael Ausiello
Similar News Items"American Horror Story" (2011)
- Watch: New American Horror Story: Hotel Teaser Videos (From DailyDead. 31 August 2015, 10:10 PM, PDT)
- New American Horror Story: Hotel Promos Will Live in Your Nightmares Tonight (From E! Online. 31 August 2015, 7:22 PM, PDT)
- Beyond Fright Review: 6 Years (From Icons of Fright. 31 August 2015, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- The Anatomy of an Emmy Snub: ‘The Americans’ (From Variety - TV News. 20 August 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- These are the 7 TV shows you cannot miss this week (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 August 2015, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- Inside Ausiello's Americans Makeover and Top-Secret Plan to Surprise Stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys (From TVLine.com. 9 August 2015, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- TV Review: ‘The Americans,’ Season 3 (From Variety - TV News. 26 January 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- SAG Awards 2015 – Full Winner’s List (From The Hollywood News. 26 January 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Banshee season 3 episode 3 review: A Fixer Of Sorts (From Den of Geek. 26 January 2015, 1:17 AM, PST)