The cold war is red hot.
Wednesday’s premiere of FX’s espionage thriller The Americans attracted 3.22 million total viewers and 1.57 million adults 18-49, besting the debuts of American Horror Story in the former category and Sons of Anarchy in the latter.
When you factor in the two encore telecasts that followed the premiere, the show drew combined 4.7 million viewers and 2.54 million adults 18-49 for the night.
“We’re very happy with premiere ratings for The Americans and, just as importantly, we’re proud of the widespread critical acclaim the show has received, »
- Michael Ausiello
Similar News Items"American Horror Story" (2011)
- ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Tops Weekly DVD Sales (From Variety - Film News. 22 October 2014, 4:52 PM, PDT)
- Naomi Grossman Promises "2 Deaths Per Episode" on American Horror Story: Freak Show (From BuzzSugar. 22 October 2014, 3:49 PM, PDT)
- First poster and red band trailer for The Gambler starring Mark Wahlberg (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2014, 3:12 PM, PDT)
- Before Blake: 22 Ryan Reynolds Moments You May Have Forgotten (From Popsugar. 22 October 2014, 1:13 AM, PDT)
- Frank Langella has joined FX’s The Americans (From Flickeringmyth. 20 October 2014, 1:18 AM, PDT)
- Frank Langella Joins The Kgb For FX’s The Americans (From We Got This Covered. 17 October 2014, 6:36 PM, PDT)
Sons of Anarchy (I)
- FX TV Show Ratings (updated 10/22/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 October 2014, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- Bravo Renews ‘Below Deck’ on Heels of Season-High Ratings (From Variety - TV News. 22 October 2014, 4:36 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Gormley, Jonathan Gitlin Promoted at Create Advertising Group (From Variety - Film News. 22 October 2014, 4:21 PM, PDT)