It's a Herculean task: how to make Gerard Butler acceptable in a romcom. How about if it's disguised as a save-the-prez thriller?
Gerard Butler has a romcom problem. Whenever he tries to make a romantic comedy – which he does with alarming regularity – it always ends up stinking. Perhaps it's because he's always typecast as the lovable douchebag. Take The Bounty Hunter, for example, where he kidnapped women for a living. Or The Ugly Truth, where he essentially allowed a child to use a sex toy on Katherine Heigl. No romcom is sweet enough to make Gerard Butler seem in any way likable, it seems.
But perhaps his new film will change this. It's called Olympus Has Fallen and, while that title makes it seem more like a lunkheaded action movie than a romantic comedy, I'm convinced that it represents Butler's big shot at romcom redemption. The Olympus Has Fallen trailer went online last week, »
- Stuart Heritage
Similar News ItemsGerard Butler (I)
- London Calling: Phil Hunt Rocks the Casbah with Head Gear Films (From Variety - Film News. 22 April 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Pay Attention Or Fall Behind: Industry Pros Share How to Get Ahead in Entertainment (Video) (From The Wrap. 7 April 2017, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- French outfit Marco Polo nabs Emilia Clarke, Jason Flemyng, John Travolta titles (From ScreenDaily. 3 April 2017, 12:41 AM, PDT)
- Unforgettable movie review: toxic femininity (From FlickFilosopher. 24 April 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Here’s Why ‘Unforgettable’ Director Denise Di Novi Will Be the Woman Who Gets Another Shot (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 April 2017, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- Here’s Why ‘Unforgettable’ Director Denise Di Novi Will Be the Woman Who Gets Another Shot (From Indiewire. 24 April 2017, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- Top 5: Heist Movies (From Blogomatic3000. 20 April 2017, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- HBO Nordic Takes Showtime’s ‘Twin Peaks’ for Nordic Region (From Variety - TV News. 7 April 2017, 2:56 AM, PDT)
- Happy Birthday, Paul Rudd! Remember His Very '90s TV Debut on Sisters? (From TVLine.com. 6 April 2017, 12:15 PM, PDT)