Mumbai, Jan 31: Backing actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, whose magnum opus "Vishwaroopam" has been banned once again in Tamil Nadu, maverick Telugu filmmaker S.S. Rajamouli wonders what happened to freedom of speech in the country and how the government can stop a film's release.
Rajamouli, who has constantly made massy films, wonders at the naked targeting of Kamal Haasan's film by the Tamil Nadu government.
"What about the freedom of expression guaranteed by the Indian Constitution? Is that freedom being pushed down the drain when Kamalji's film is being targeted? And didn't the honourable Supreme Court rule that no government. »
- Lohit Reddy
Similar News ItemsKamal Haasan
- The London Indian Film Festival brings cinematic diversity to London and Birmingham: 14-24 July (From Bollyspice. 14 June 2016, 7:39 AM, PDT)
- Shruti Haasan shakes a leg with ‘Step Up’ Choreographer Jamal Sims (From Bollyspice. 14 June 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Kamal Haasan turned down offer to play villain in Robot 20 (From BollywoodHungama. 26 May 2016, 2:44 AM, PDT)
- The climax sequences of ‘Baahubali 2’ will take 10 weeks to shoot (From indicine. 13 June 2016, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Bahubali director SS Rajamouli to head panel discussion at Cannes (From BollywoodHungama. 11 May 2016, 6:54 AM, PDT)
- Sunny Deol teams up with SS Rajamouli for Mera Bharat Mahan (From BollywoodHungama. 18 April 2016, 3:31 AM, PDT)
- Censorship is a childish trait in a grownup society - Kamal Haasan (From BollywoodHungama. 14 April 2015, 3:02 AM, PDT)
- Aamir Khan publicly apologizes to Kamal Haasan (From BollywoodHungama. 26 March 2015, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- Why is Aamir Khan feeling ashamed? (From GlamSham. 26 March 2015, 6:39 AM, PDT)