Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, a 3,500 pound Great White Shark is on the loose, about 45 miles off the coast of Montauk Point in the Hamptons. You shouldn't have to worry about this one, though. The shark, named Mary Lee, was tagged for tracking by Ocearch, a nonprofit organization, in 2012, according to the Atlantic Wire.
She swam down to warmer waters in Florida around Christmas, before returning up north to the vacation hotspot. Luckily, it's January, so there's not a lot of people looking for a swim in the Atlantic Ocean. The Coast Guard reports that Mary Lee is actually moving further away from the shoreline. So, unlike Bruce, the shark from "Jaws," Mary Lee seems to be fairly harmless at this point.
Similar News ItemsJaws (1975)
- Top 5 Movie Cars of All Time (From HeyUGuys. 8 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Win Paranoia on Blu-ray (From HeyUGuys. 3 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- 'Silence of the Lambs', 'No Country for Old Men' & 32 More, Award-Winning Books Turned into Movies on Sale for Kindle (From Rope Of Silicon. 1 March 2014, 8:17 AM, PST)
Robert Shaw (I)
- The Definitive Original Screenplays: 20-11 (From SoundOnSight. 12 March 2014, 3:29 PM, PDT)
- Malcolm Tierney obituary (From The Guardian - TV News. 21 February 2014, 4:07 PM, PST)
- Malcolm Tierney obituary (From The Guardian - Film News. 21 February 2014, 4:07 PM, PST)
Great White Shark (1995) (TV)
- Jada Pinkett Smith joins 'Gotham': Who is Fish Mooney? -- Theories (From EW.com - PopWatch. 20 February 2014, 10:24 AM, PST)
- Gift Guide: 'Jaws' Bottle Opener (From FEARnet. 8 November 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Two Alternate Versions of Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues May Debut in Theaters (From MovieWeb. 25 October 2013, 1:45 PM, PDT)