One of the biggest mysteries in recent Hollywood history was solved on January 25, when J.J. Abrams was revealed as the director of "Star Wars: Episode VII." But how did the deal come to pass?
An article published by The Hollywood Reporter goes into specific details of the deal that brought Abrams over to the dark side of the Force, better known across the world as the "Star Wars" franchise. Though Abrams is a lifelong "Star Wars" fan, the filmmaker reportedly had "very genuine concerns" about helming the seventh theatrical "Star Wars" movie, including his commitments to other projects — like the sci-fi franchise's rival, "Star Trek Into Darkness," for instance.
But during a December meeting with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy at his Bad Robot office, Abrams was reportedly won over by the veteran producer's very simple, straightforward plea: "Please do 'Star Wars.'"
"I learned firsthand how incredible and persuasive she is, »
- MTV Staff
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Hot Toys’ 1/6th scale Darth Vader collectible figure from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From Flickeringmyth. 29 September 2016, 12:14 PM, PDT)
- Cool Stuff: Amazingly Detailed Hot Toys ‘Rogue One’ Figures (From Slash Film. 29 September 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Space Between Us Trailer #2 Sends Earth's First Martian Back Home (From MovieWeb. 29 September 2016, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- What’s Going On With the ‘Portal’ & ‘Half-Life’ Movies at Bad Robot? (From Slash Film. 29 September 2016, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Portal’ Movie: J. J. Abrams Reveals Cult Video Game Adaptation Announcement is Imminent (From Indiewire. 29 September 2016, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- Portal Movie Announcement Is Coming Soon Says J.J. Abrams (From MovieWeb. 29 September 2016, 10:25 AM, PDT)
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- Justin Lin Fills Up The Tank For ‘Hot Wheels’ (From The Playlist. 29 September 2016, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson shares Jumanji set video (From Flickeringmyth. 26 September 2016, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Jumanji plot details revealed with new cast additions (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2016, 3:55 AM, PDT)