One of the biggest mysteries in recent Hollywood history was solved on January 25, when J.J. Abrams was revealed as the director of "Star Wars: Episode VII." But how did the deal come to pass?
An article published by The Hollywood Reporter goes into specific details of the deal that brought Abrams over to the dark side of the Force, better known across the world as the "Star Wars" franchise. Though Abrams is a lifelong "Star Wars" fan, the filmmaker reportedly had "very genuine concerns" about helming the seventh theatrical "Star Wars" movie, including his commitments to other projects — like the sci-fi franchise's rival, "Star Trek Into Darkness," for instance.
But during a December meeting with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy at his Bad Robot office, Abrams was reportedly won over by the veteran producer's very simple, straightforward plea: "Please do 'Star Wars.'"
"I learned firsthand how incredible and persuasive she is, »
- MTV Staff
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- I’m Willing To Bet These Star Wars Graham Crackers Will Be Worth Money (From TVovermind.com. 29 April 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Robert Downey Jr.'s Dr. Dolittle Reboot Gets a New Release Date (From MovieWeb. 29 April 2017, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars: The Force And The Fury (2017) Short Film: A Jedi Pilot vs. A Female Sith (From Film-Book. 29 April 2017, 12:54 PM, PDT)
- Sydney Bristow joins the Funko family with Alias Pop! Vinyl figures (From Flickeringmyth. 28 April 2017, 7:15 PM, PDT)
- Jesse Eisenberg to write, direct and star in The Market TV series for Bad Robot (From Flickeringmyth. 28 April 2017, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- ‘Sleight’ Director Jd Dillard On How He Went From Bad Robot Receptionist To Sundance Sensation (From Slash Film. 28 April 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- James Gunn Says Avengers 4 Is Not Titled Infinity Guantlet (From LRM Online. 25 April 2017, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- Star Trek: “no guarantee” of another film says Zachary Quinto (From Den of Geek. 23 April 2017, 9:51 PM, PDT)
- Zachary Quinto “hopeful” about Star Trek 4, but it’s not a guarantee (From Flickeringmyth. 22 April 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)