One of the biggest mysteries in recent Hollywood history was solved on January 25, when J.J. Abrams was revealed as the director of "Star Wars: Episode VII." But how did the deal come to pass?
An article published by The Hollywood Reporter goes into specific details of the deal that brought Abrams over to the dark side of the Force, better known across the world as the "Star Wars" franchise. Though Abrams is a lifelong "Star Wars" fan, the filmmaker reportedly had "very genuine concerns" about helming the seventh theatrical "Star Wars" movie, including his commitments to other projects — like the sci-fi franchise's rival, "Star Trek Into Darkness," for instance.
But during a December meeting with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy at his Bad Robot office, Abrams was reportedly won over by the veteran producer's very simple, straightforward plea: "Please do 'Star Wars.'"
"I learned firsthand how incredible and persuasive she is, »
- MTV Staff
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- International ‘Fantastic Four’ Trailer: Miles Teller Can’t Fix His Super-Powered Friends (From Slash Film. 23 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In Both Bourne 5 & Assassin's Creed (From ComicBookMovie. 23 May 2015, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- 12 Severely Underrated Sci-Fi Video Games You Need To Love (From Obsessed with Film. 23 May 2015, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible 6 May Already Be In Development (From Cinema Blend. 23 May 2015, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible 6 already in early development (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2015, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible 6 May Already Be In Early Development (From ComicBookMovie. 23 May 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- New trailer for Black Mass starring Johnny Depp (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2015, 3:55 AM, PDT)
- Simon Pegg has been told to make his Star Trek 3 script less Star Trek-y (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 May 2015, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- Cinemax and Justin Lin Developing Bruce Lee-Inspired Drama Series Warrior (From Collider.com. 21 May 2015, 11:05 AM, PDT)