Comic book properties being transformed into cinematic spectacles are here to stay, with traditional superheroes leading the way while other properties follow suit. The massive worldwide success of Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy and Joss Whedon’s Avengers are the crown jewels of the harmonious union of cinema and comic books. Their success has spurred on iconic characters to be ripped from the pages and in extraordinary fashion leave us breathless as we sit on the edge of our seats.
This is not to say that every cinematic foray into the world of panelled comic strips has been heralded as a success. In most cases the original efforts are hugely entertaining whilst a clearly evident drop off occurs as studios desperately try to milk the cash cow’s teat for that one last drop of money; see Superman III & IV, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine etc.
In other efforts, »
- Sukh Brar
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Brian Cox Prepares For Battle In New Trailer For Churchill (From We Got This Covered. 25 April 2017, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Harry Styles to Perform Week-Long Residency on ‘Late Late Show’ (From Variety - TV News. 25 April 2017, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- 12 Blockbusters You Can’t Miss This Summer Season (From Indiewire. 25 April 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- Spider-Man’s suit upgrades for Spider-Man: Homecoming detailed (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- These ‘Avengers 4’ Subtitles Would Actually Be Spoilers (From FilmSchoolRejects. 25 April 2017, 7:51 AM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt Believes An Excess Of Characters Brought About Suicide Squad’s Downfall (From We Got This Covered. 25 April 2017, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Ming-Na Wen on Going Dark in the 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Framework and What's to Come for Philinda (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 April 2017, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘Alien’ Evolution: Explore Every Stage in the Xenomorph’s Gruesome Life Cycle (From Indiewire. 25 April 2017, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2017, 4:09 AM, PDT)