Amy Poehler has a deal to write her first book, and her publisher may have gotten a bargain -- because what she's writing sounds like several books in one.
The "Parks and Recreation" star will pen an "illustrated, non-linear diary," the AP reports. It Books, an imprint of HarperCollins, will publish the book in 2014.
"Her original twist on the conventional memoir will have universal appeal," the publisher says of Poehler. "An illustrated, non-linear diary full of humor and honesty and brimming with true stories, fictional anecdotes and life lessons, the book will be a unique and engaging experience from one of today's most talented and beloved stars."
Poehler's Bff Tina Fey had a best-seller with her memoir "Bossypants." Poehler's book, judging by the description, will be less conventional. Will you read it? »
Similar News ItemsTina Fey
- Elizabeth Banks, Jessica Lange, and More Land Elle Women in Hollywood Covers: Pictures (From Us Weekly. 18 October 2014, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- The 50 Funniest Women of the Past 50 years: #10-1 (From Hitfix. 17 October 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- The 50 Funniest Women of the Past 50 Years: #20-11 (From Hitfix. 16 October 2014, 1:52 PM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- Feminism Flashback: Remember When the World Freaked Out About Murphy Brown? (From VH1.com. 20 October 2014, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Rob Lowe Surfs Until He Bleeds and More of What You Missed on Instagram (From VH1.com. 20 October 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Rob Lowe Gets a Sexy Surfing Injury (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 October 2014, 3:19 AM, PDT)
- 19 Times Amy Poehler Said What We Wish We'd Said (From Popsugar. 20 October 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- They Came Together DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 20 October 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Bart & Fleming: WB’s Spandex Od; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near Egot (From Deadline New York. 19 October 2014, 10:38 AM, PDT)