Prince Fielder, Detroit Tigers slugger, had a big request when he appeared on the first episode of "Detroit Rubber," a new show on the YouTube channel Loud -- one that led him all the way to the show's producer, rapper Eminem.
Fielder visited Burn Rubber, a sneaker shop in Detroit suburb Royal Oak that is the focus of the new web series. He asked owners Ro Colt and Rick Williams to help him find an elusive shoe, the Air Jordan 4 Retro, Eminem Encore edition. Only 50 pairs were produced for Eminem's circle, according to the site KicksonFire.com. But that didn't stop Fielder.
"I've got the World Series coming up, and I need some new kicks. So don't let me down," he said in the episode.
The show follows Colt and Williams as they call in favors and crack jokes at Burn Rubber.
"We like to say it's more like going »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsPrince Fielder
- TMZ Sports Show: Victoria's Secret Models Weep Over Brazil's Humiliating Loss To Germany (From TMZ. 9 July 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. -- Mocks Prince Fielder's Nude Pic ... 'Looks Like 2 Midgets In An Arm Wrestling Contest' (From TMZ. 9 July 2014, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- Espn Body Issue 2014 Naked Athletes: Venus Williams, Michael Phelps, and Prince Fielder Pose Nude (From Us Weekly. 9 July 2014, 1:48 AM, PDT)
Richard Williams (XXVIII)
- Watch: President Obama Takes Shutdown Case to Local TV in Four East Coast Interviews (From Mediaite - TV. 10 October 2013, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- Eminem, Prince Fielder Give Loud’s ‘Detroit Rubber’ A Grand Opening (From Tubefilter News. 29 January 2013, 1:20 PM, PST)
- Spotted: Mario Lopez and Gia Roll with It (From People - CelebrityBabies. 24 August 2012, 10:00 AM, PDT)