Matteo Garrone‘s follow-up to his moody gangster film Gomorrah revolves around the reality TV show Big Brother (Grande Fratello). Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Reality and released a brand new trailer for the film which debuted at the Cannes Film Festival last spring.
The best part about this film with Fellini-esque characters sprinkled throughout a Bunuelian surreality is that it exists as a comedy, yet has none of the usual comedic tropes that most of the Judd Apatow comedic fans are so used to nowadays.
Set in a hyper-real world of reality television, Reality is a bizarre look at a man who becomes obsessed by the idea of fame.
Neapolitan fishmonger Luciano auditioned to be on the Italian version of Big Brother becomes entirely consumed by the possibility that his mundane life Maria will be replaced with the glamour of being on television and his chance celebrity. »
- Nick Martin
Similar News ItemsTina Fey
- The Academy Is Making Historic Changes To Avoid Another #OscarsSoWhite Debacle (From LatinoReview. 30 June 2016, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- How the Academy Pushed the Diversity Needle with 683 Member Invites (From Indiewire. 29 June 2016, 2:54 PM, PDT)
- Daphne Zuniga, Marlon Wayans and 20 Other Wtf New Academy Members (From The Wrap. 29 June 2016, 2:38 PM, PDT)
Paul Rudd (I)
- Captain America: Civil War Blu-Ray Release Date and Details Announced (From MovieWeb. 30 June 2016, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War On Digital HD on Sept. 2 and Blu-ray on Sept. 13 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 June 2016, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Captain America: Civil War Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Release Date and Details (From TheHDRoom. 30 June 2016, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Judd Apatow On the Surprise Outcome of His First Documentary, ‘Doc and Darryl’ (From Indiewire. 30 June 2016, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Lost In Space Remake Premiering on Netflix in 2018, Neil Marshall to Direct Several Episodes (From DailyDead. 29 June 2016, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- 2016 Emmy Predictions: Outstanding Comedy Series (From Indiewire. 29 June 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)