Talking to Eric Roberts is a strange experience. He's been in 270 'IMDb titles (some of which he's actually seen), he can summon Sylvester Stallone and Christopher Nolan on speed-dial after appearing in their films, he's Oscar-nominated (More of which later), he's Julia Roberts brother for heaven's sake... he Should be sitting on a throne of Hollywood royalty.
Yet he speaks in the bemused tones of the eternal outsider, the little boy who shouted at the naked Emperor, who has refused to watch the Oscars since... well, let him explain.
Eric Roberts - a PR's nightmare, but a journalist's delight
"Here's the only way to it," he surmises in a seductive southern brawl, from his home in California. "It advertises the movie which makes money, which makes you look more valuable. It's all about status, money and luck."
But he's been Oscar-nominated himself. Surely that means a touch of fondness for »
- Caroline Frost
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Countdown to Man of Steel - Trailer 4, TV Spots, Posters, Powers and Respecting the S (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2013, 1:21 AM, PDT)
- Henry Cavill on the possibility of a Superman / Batman World's Finest movie (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2013, 4:27 PM, PDT)
- Man of Steel producer: 'Lois rescues Clark as much as he rescues her' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 May 2013, 9:05 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- The Week in Spandex - Man of Steel, Avengers vs X-Men, The Wolverine, Justice League, Iron Man 3 and more (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2013, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- X-Men: Days Of Future Past – 5 Reasons You Should Be Excited (From Obsessed with Film. 25 May 2013, 3:22 AM, PDT)
- Yahoo Screen Kicks Off New Lifestyle Slate With ‘Cinema And Spice’ (From Tubefilter News. 24 May 2013, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Jackie Chan wants to be Iron Man (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 May 2013, 4:16 AM, PDT)
- 10 Stories you might have missed: 'Man of Steel's' Henry Cavill wants a Superman-Batman movie (From Hitfix. 24 May 2013, 10:30 PM, PDT)
- Women in Hollywood, from Tough Rodriguez, Studio Chief Pascal, to 'Expendabelles' (Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 May 2013, 1:29 PM, PDT)