Cissy sat down with Winfrey for an intimate interview about her late daughter on "Oprah's Next Chapter." In the interview, which aired on Monday, the 79-year-old discussed poignant excerpts from her new book, "Remembering Whitney."
In one chapter, Cissy broaches the gay rumors that had surrounded Whitney since 1985.
For years, Whitney had been romantically linked to Robyn Crawford, her childhood friend from New Jersey who later became her assistant and creative director. Although the two women both insisted the gossip was false, talk persisted.
In her book, Cissy writes:
I knew I didn't want Robyn around my daughter, and I told [Whitney] that. There wasn't much I could do though. [Whitney] liked Robyn. She was past the age when I could forbid her from seeing someone. Kids »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- Shania Twain Las Vegas Concert Special to Air on ABC (From Rolling Stone. 28 January 2015, 10:08 AM, PST)
- Selma: watch the trailer for the Martin Luther King drama – video (From The Guardian - Film News. 27 January 2015, 8:09 AM, PST)
- Lance Armstrong: If I Could Go Back, I Would Probably Dope Again (From PEOPLE.com. 26 January 2015, 3:30 PM, PST)
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)
- 37 Times Oprah Made a Really Great Point (From Popsugar. 29 January 2015, 11:35 AM, PST)
- Happy Birthday, Oprah! Beyoncé and Bff Gayle King Send Well Wishes—Check It Out! (From E! Online. 29 January 2015, 10:53 AM, PST)
- Oprah Celebrates 61st Birthday With Tributes, Wishes From Beyonce, Ellen DeGeneres (From Us Weekly. 29 January 2015, 10:32 AM, PST)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Kevin Costner: Stephen Hawking Came Over to Talk About Whitney Houston (From The Hollywood Reporter. 29 January 2015, 4:45 AM, PST)
- Best of Late Night TV: David Beckham's NFL Career (Video) (From Moviefone. 28 January 2015, 10:35 PM, PST)
- The Weird Reason Stephen Hawking Wanted To Hang Out With Kevin Costner (From Cinema Blend. 28 January 2015, 7:41 PM, PST)