Hugh Hefner is speaking about his beloved secretary, telling fans, ‘we loved her more than words can say.’ Keep reading for more on Mary’s life and career at the Playboy Mansion.
Mary O’Connor died on Jan. 27, at the age of 84 in Sherman Oaks, Cali. She worked at the Playboy mansion for more than 40 years. On Jan. 28, Hugh Hefner, 86, tweeted a link to a Facebook page containing an obituary for Mary, detailing her established personal and professional life.
Hugh first tweeted on Jan. 27, ”Mary passed away today. We loved her more than words can say.”
In the Facebook obituary, Mary is described as, “Hef’s loyal and trusted personal secretary, social secretary, confidant, executive assistant, house-mother, office-wife, and close friend.”
Mary was born in Chicago and grew up in Marion, Indiana. Mary moved to California in 1953.
“I always wanted to come to Los Angeles, to Hollywood,” she said. “My »
- Dory Larrabee
Similar News ItemsHugh M. Hefner
- Kendra Wilkinson Baskett Tells 7-Year-Old Son the Truth About Santa: I Want Him ‘To Know He Can Rely on Me’ (From PEOPLE.com. 22 December 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Zsa Zsa Gabor's Husband Has to Move Out of Their Home (Photo Gallery) (From TMZ. 19 December 2016, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Hugh Hefner Proves He's Alive With Snapchat Dog Filter (Video) (From TMZ. 12 December 2016, 6:26 AM, PST)
Jenny McCarthy (I)
- Exclusive: Jewel Gushes Over Boyfriend Charlie Whitehurst, Says She's Not Ready for Marriage (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 January 2017, 5:23 PM, PST)
- Find Out Which Female Costars Charlie Sheen Would ‘Kick to the Curb’ – and Why’s He Slamming Rihanna (From PEOPLE.com. 12 January 2017, 12:18 PM, PST)
- Charlie Sheen Ranks His Female Co-Stars, Takes Dig at Jennifer Grey on 'Watch What Happens Live!' (From Entertainment Tonight. 12 January 2017, 6:39 AM, PST)
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Would Give Bridget Marquardt the Most Precious Gift If She Were Her Secret Celebrity Santa (From E! Online. 22 December 2016, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Sex, Drugs & More Scandalous Secrets: The Biggest Girls Next Door Bombshells Dropped By Kendra, Holly & Bridget (From E! Online. 11 October 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Bridget Marquardt Finally Speaks Out on Holly Madison and Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Feud (From E! Online. 18 May 2016, 6:52 PM, PDT)