On episode 50 of the Sordid Cinema podcast, we focus on critic-turned-director Sergio Corbucci. We start by discussing his 1966 masterpiece Django, featuring Belgian actor Franco Nero playing the soon to be iconic titular character. After, we turn the spotlight on The Great Silence, arguably Corbucci’s most critically acclaimed film, and starring Jean-Louis Trintignant and Klaus Kinski. Finally, we top it off with The Mercenary, one of Quentin Tarantino’s biggest inspirations.
Ennio Morricone – “L Arena”
Stitcher Smart Radio
You can now hear our podcast on Stitcher Smart Radio.
Stitcher allows you to listen to your favorite shows directly from your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle, Fire, and beyond. On/demand and on the go!
Don’t have Stitcher? Download it for free today at Stitcher.com or any app!store. Stitcher Smart »
- Sordid Cinema Podcast
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Karlovy Vary Film Festival Honors Talent Working in Front of and Behind the Camera (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: Bertrand Tavernier’s ‘My Journey Through French Cinema’ (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2017, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Video: 5 Best Sword-Fights in Movies (From The Cultural Post. 23 June 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Bird with the Crystal Plumage’ Blu-ray Review (Arrow Video) (From Blogomatic3000. 23 June 2017, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly's graveyard comes back from the dead (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 June 2017, 4:20 AM, PDT)
- June 20th Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include The Lawnmower Man, Life, Hack-o-lantern (From DailyDead. 19 June 2017, 5:36 PM, PDT)
- ‘John Wick: Chapter 2′ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 17 June 2017, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Slovakia’s Art Film Fest Celebrates Eclectic Slate of Cinema (From Variety - Film News. 16 June 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Scream Factory Announces September Blu-ray Releases for After Midnight (1989), Dan O’Bannon’s The Resurrected & More (From DailyDead. 26 May 2017, 11:28 AM, PDT)