In "Remembering Whitney," the mother of the late Whitney Houston writes that from the start she had doubted whether Brown was right for her daughter. And she thinks that Whitney might not have ended up so "deep" into drugs had they not stayed together.
"I do believe her life would have turned out differently," Houston writes. "It would have been easier for her to get sober and stay sober. Instead she was with someone who, like her, wanted to party. To me, he never seemed to be a help to her in the way she needed."
"Remembering Whitney" came out Tuesday, two weeks short of the first anniversary of Houston's death. She drowned in a hotel bathtub in Beverly Hills, Calif., at age 48. Authorities said her death was complicated by cocaine use and heart disease. »
Similar News ItemsWhitney Houston (I)
- Yaya DaCosta, Joshua Bee Alafia Split: Actress, Filmmaker End 2-Year Marriage (From Us Weekly. 19 December 2014, 10:01 AM, PST)
- Barry Manilow Discusses His New Album, Dave Annable Visits The Talk Videos (From Monsters and Critics. 15 December 2014, 11:33 PM, PST)
- The X Factor: See the full Digital Spy reader vote statistics for 2014 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 December 2014, 4:26 AM, PST)
- Strictly Come Dancing: the final – Caroline Flack wins! (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 December 2014, 1:59 PM, PST)
- Interview: Anson ‘Potsie’ Williams on His Book ‘Singing to a Bulldog’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 18 December 2014, 10:20 AM, PST)
- Strictly Come Dancing: The Grand Final song and dance list is here! (From Digital Spy - TV news. 17 December 2014, 6:15 AM, PST)
- Taylor Swift Celebrates 25th Birthday With Beyoncé, Jay Z, Justin Timberlake & Sam Smith (From VH1.com. 13 December 2014, 1:28 PM, PST)
- Taylor Swift Had a Better 25th Birthday Than You (From Vulture. 13 December 2014, 10:26 AM, PST)
- Taylor Swift Has the 'Best Birthday Ever' with Beyonce, Jay Z and More (From Entertainment Tonight. 13 December 2014, 8:32 AM, PST)