You may or may not know that "Movie 43," the movie starring everyone you know and directed by everyone else, was seen by close to no one, making $5 million this weekend and finishing in a tie for sixth place at the box office. Disappointing, to be sure, and as is often the case when your movie is poorly reviewed and makes no money, now comes the 20/20 hindsight backtracking, courtesy of executive producer Peter Farrelly.
As our good buds at CinemaBlend report, Farrelly admits that his stars were pretty much guilted into being in the film. "They clearly wanted out! But we wouldn't let them." His strategy? "Wait for them. Shoot when they want to shoot. Guilt them to death."
Nice! Always how you want to make your movies: Bug the crap out of your stars (including the likes of, oh, Academy Award winner Halle Berry) until they sigh really loudly and finally shout "Fine! »
- Nick Blake
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Morelia: Toons Bookend the 15th Morelia Int’l Film Fest (From Variety - Film News. 18 October 2017, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Spotlight: Partners in Health's Celebrity Supporters (From Look to the Stars. 18 October 2017, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Matt Lucas interview: Doctor Who, hair, sexuality, Statham (From Den of Geek. 17 October 2017, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- Black Superheroes Matter: Why a 'Black Panther' Movie Is Revolutionary (From Rolling Stone. 17 October 2017, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- The '90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be (From Popsugar. 17 October 2017, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence to Receive Sherry Lansing Award at Hollywood Reporter Women in Entertainment Breakfast (From Look to the Stars. 16 October 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
Colin Farrell (I)
- Nicole Kidman Awkwardly Addresses Her Emmys Kiss With Alexander Skarsgard (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 October 2017, 10:34 AM, PDT)
- The Furniture: A Plaster Haze in The Beguiled (From FilmExperience. 16 October 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Colin Farrell Reveals He Keeps Getting Mistaken For Colin Firth: ‘He Has Me By An Oscar And 10 Inches’ (From ET Canada. 16 October 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)