You may or may not know that "Movie 43," the movie starring everyone you know and directed by everyone else, was seen by close to no one, making $5 million this weekend and finishing in a tie for sixth place at the box office. Disappointing, to be sure, and as is often the case when your movie is poorly reviewed and makes no money, now comes the 20/20 hindsight backtracking, courtesy of executive producer Peter Farrelly.
As our good buds at CinemaBlend report, Farrelly admits that his stars were pretty much guilted into being in the film. "They clearly wanted out! But we wouldn't let them." His strategy? "Wait for them. Shoot when they want to shoot. Guilt them to death."
Nice! Always how you want to make your movies: Bug the crap out of your stars (including the likes of, oh, Academy Award winner Halle Berry) until they sigh really loudly and finally shout "Fine! »
- Nick Blake
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Sound Off: Brad Bird's Sci-Fi 'Tomorrowland' - What Did You Think? (From FirstShowing.net. 22 May 2015, 4:08 PM, PDT)
- "Poltergeist" or "Tomorrowland?" Which One Are You Seeing This Weekend? (From Manny the Movie Guy. 22 May 2015, 3:37 PM, PDT)
- Tomorrowland Movie Review (From ShockYa. 22 May 2015, 3:34 PM, PDT)
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Re-creating History for ‘Texas Rising’ and ‘Marilyn Monroe’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 May 2015, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Last Night on Late Night, 5/20/15: Dave retires (From SoundOnSight. 21 May 2015, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- L.A.'s Walt Disney of Shopping: Rick Caruso on Expansion Plans, Whose Advice He Seeks in Hollywood (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 May 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Colin Farrell (I)
- Cannes Palm Dog Award Goes to ‘Arabian Nights’ Canine (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2015, 6:04 PM, PDT)
- 'The Lobster' bookies favourite to win Cannes Palme d'Or (From ScreenDaily. 22 May 2015, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- 'The Lobster,' 'The Assassin' and 4 other mini-reviews from Cannes (From Hitfix. 22 May 2015, 6:13 AM, PDT)