It would be nice to watch Zero Dark Thirty in the cinema in Pakistan. The extraordinary final sequence when Seal Team Six swoops into Abbottabad and raids the compound where Osama bin Laden had remained undetected for six years would definitely benefit from surround sound and a big screen.
And it would be fun to listen to the chortles of derision from a Pakistani audience in a real time, rather than following the tweets and Facebook updates of those who watched versions downloaded from the internet weeks before its release in the UK.
But I'm not holding my breath that Kathryn Bigelow's account of the hunt for America's greatest enemy will go on general release here any time soon. The film's distributors »
- Jon Boone
Similar News ItemsZero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Recommended Discs & Deals: ‘Silence,’ ‘Blow-Up,’ ’20th Century Women,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 28 March 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Chastain and Niki Caro on “The Zookeeper’s Wife” and the Importance of Recognizing Women in… (From Women and Hollywood. 27 March 2017, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- What Happened to the Women Directors in Hollywood? Part 5: 2000–2017 (From Women and Hollywood. 24 March 2017, 2:02 PM, PDT)
Kathryn Bigelow (I)
- Ghosts of Futures Predicted: How Hollywood Imagined We’d Be Living Now (From HeyUGuys. 30 March 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- 7 Filmmakers Turning Amazon Into An Art House Cinema Powerhouse (From Indiewire. 28 March 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- 7 Filmmakers Turning Amazon Into An Art House Cinema Powerhouse (From Indiewire Television. 28 March 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Top 20: Films to see in 2017 (From Blogomatic3000. 29 March 2017, 4:01 AM, PDT)
- MGM, Annapurna strike output deal (From ScreenDaily. 27 March 2017, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Partners With MGM for International Releases (From Variety - Film News. 27 March 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)