Adam Levine got a little help from Jerry Seinfeld, Cameron Diaz and Andy Samberg to kick off his first Saturday Night Live hosting gig, but things might’ve worked out better had those bold-faced names mentored the show’s writers instead.
Indeed, the setups this week were so unimaginative, the Maroon 5 frontman wound up playing himself not once, but twice, and even worse, other sketches (the firehouse meltdown, The Sopranos Diaries, even that “Yolo” short) relegated him to nothing more than a bit player with little to no chance of scoring a laugh.
Below are my picks for the »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Aziz Ansari: ‘I try to write political material … then get tired of it’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 May 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Al Franken Says John Belushi’s Fatal Overdose Inspired Him to Give Up Drugs (From PEOPLE.com. 26 May 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- From Oprah Winfrey to Will Ferrell: Celeb Commencement Speeches That Might Make You Cry (From PEOPLE.com. 26 May 2017, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- Netflix Original Movie Review: War Machine Is a Voyage Into the Absurd (From MovieWeb. 26 May 2017, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Barack Obama Is Having a Blast on Vacation in Scotland Playing Golf (Photo Gallery) (From TMZ. 26 May 2017, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- Obama Photographer Trolls Trump Over Nato ‘Shove’ with Flashback Photo: ‘No Jostling Involved’ (From PEOPLE.com. 25 May 2017, 7:41 PM, PDT)
- Pregnant Beyoncé Channels Michael Jackson in $4,950 Rhinestone Jacket at Jessica Alba’s Birthday Party (From PEOPLE.com. 26 May 2017, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- Pregnant Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Snazzy New Flashback Pics (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 May 2017, 7:12 PM, PDT)
- Tell it to the judge: why American Idol needs no-nonsense Katy Perry (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 May 2017, 5:30 AM, PDT)