Adam Levine got a little help from Jerry Seinfeld, Cameron Diaz and Andy Samberg to kick off his first Saturday Night Live hosting gig, but things might’ve worked out better had those bold-faced names mentored the show’s writers instead.
Indeed, the setups this week were so unimaginative, the Maroon 5 frontman wound up playing himself not once, but twice, and even worse, other sketches (the firehouse meltdown, The Sopranos Diaries, even that “Yolo” short) relegated him to nothing more than a bit player with little to no chance of scoring a laugh.
Below are my picks for the »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- The week in TV: Wimbledon; Odyssey; Not Safe for Work; David Attenborough Meets President Obama (From The Guardian - TV News. 4 July 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- The Obamas' Patriotic Fourth of July Celebrations Over the Years (From Popsugar. 4 July 2015, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- Streamy Awards Submissions Deadline Is Today, July 3, 2015 (From Tubefilter News. 3 July 2015, 11:10 AM, PDT)
"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- In Defence Of... 1984's charming franchise-destroyer Supergirl (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 5 July 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Andy Samberg Wears a Strange Bubble Suit on Jimmy Kimmel Live, But for a Very Good Reason (From E! Online. 3 July 2015, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- You need to see Tetris and Donkey Kong vs Adam Sandler in crazy new Pixels trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 July 2015, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Beyonce Shows Off Hot Bod in Pink Swimsuit, Shares Cute Video Of Jay Z and Blue Ivy (From TooFab. 1 July 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- YouTube Star Bart Baker Signs With Talent Agency CAA (From Tubefilter News. 30 June 2015, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Nicki Minaj wants to work with One Direction (From National Ledger. 30 June 2015, 1:33 AM, PDT)