Toronto — Canadian immigration officials have denied U.S. actor Randy Quaid's request for permanent resident status in Canada.
A Canadian government official confirmed late Saturday his request for permanent status has been denied. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. Quaid can appeal the decision to the federal court.
U.S. officials last year refused to seek extradition of the actor and his wife from Canada to face felony vandalism charges in Santa Barbara, California, but authorities in the coastal town say they'll still have the couple arrested if they return to the states.
Quaid's trouble began in 2010 when he and his wife were arrested for causing more than $5,000 damage at a hillside home they were renting. »
Similar News ItemsHeath Ledger
- Heather Graham Wedding Plans - Hangover 3 Actress in No Rush (From National Ledger. 24 May 2013, 10:54 AM, PDT)
- Behind the Candelabra proves it: our greatest romances are gay | Tom Shone (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 May 2013, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- 5 Elizabeth Taylor-Richard Burton Movies To Watch (From SoundOnSight. 22 May 2013, 9:02 PM, PDT)
- Playing For Keeps DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 20 May 2013, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- At Any Price – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 16 May 2013, 6:11 PM, PDT)
- Bruce Willis, Poisoned Hitman, Faces Expiration (From Twitch. 16 May 2013, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Perfect Father’s Day Gift: Ultimate Gangster Collection — Contemporary (From Scorecard Review. 21 May 2013, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘Jodorowsky’s Dune’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 May 2013, 1:47 AM, PDT)
- 'Voice' Contestant Jessica Childress -- Oy Vey ... I'm on Jewish Television! (From TMZ. 18 May 2013, 12:05 PM, PDT)