Toronto — Canadian immigration officials have denied U.S. actor Randy Quaid's request for permanent resident status in Canada.
A Canadian government official confirmed late Saturday his request for permanent status has been denied. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. Quaid can appeal the decision to the federal court.
U.S. officials last year refused to seek extradition of the actor and his wife from Canada to face felony vandalism charges in Santa Barbara, California, but authorities in the coastal town say they'll still have the couple arrested if they return to the states.
Quaid's trouble began in 2010 when he and his wife were arrested for causing more than $5,000 damage at a hillside home they were renting. »
Similar News ItemsHeath Ledger
- 10 Brilliantly Self-Indulgent Movie Moments From Ott Actors (From Obsessed with Film. 11 July 2014, 5:32 AM, PDT)
- The Expendables 3 Was Originally Rated R; Had to Make Cuts for PG-13 Rating (From Collider.com. 8 July 2014, 1:12 PM, PDT)
- A Hard Day’s Director: The Best of Richard Lester (From HeyUGuys. 8 July 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Five Essential Airplane Movies (From Flickeringmyth. 2 July 2014, 11:13 PM, PDT)
- Casting Net: Tom Hanks may be directed by Meg Ryan in WWII drama; Plus Kevin Bacon, Benjamin Bratt, more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 26 June 2014, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Ros Journal (6/24/14): Will Nathan Fillion Replace Harrison Ford as Han Soloc (From Rope Of Silicon. 24 June 2014, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Martial arts drama from 'Smallville' team coming to AMC (From EW.com - Inside TV. 11 July 2014, 7:17 PM, PDT)
- Is the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique from ‘Kill Bill’ Real? (From FilmSchoolRejects. 7 July 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Vc Dupree’s Scrap-Book on “Jason Takes Manhattan” (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 30 June 2014, 11:38 AM, PDT)