Toronto — Canadian immigration officials have denied U.S. actor Randy Quaid's request for permanent resident status in Canada.
A Canadian government official confirmed late Saturday his request for permanent status has been denied. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. Quaid can appeal the decision to the federal court.
U.S. officials last year refused to seek extradition of the actor and his wife from Canada to face felony vandalism charges in Santa Barbara, California, but authorities in the coastal town say they'll still have the couple arrested if they return to the states.
Quaid's trouble began in 2010 when he and his wife were arrested for causing more than $5,000 damage at a hillside home they were renting. »
Similar News ItemsHeath Ledger
- Paul Walker death shatters 'Fast and Furious' car fantasy (From EW.com - PopWatch. 5 December 2013, 2:04 PM, PST)
- Screen Australia backs Kenny followup (From ScreenDaily. 5 December 2013, 3:31 AM, PST)
- How Delaying ‘Fast and Furious 7′ Could Hurt Universal’s Bottom Line (From Variety - Film News. 4 December 2013, 4:19 PM, PST)
- Trollied, Moonfleet, Mad Dogs: Sky1 unveils Christmas, New Year listings (From Digital Spy - TV news. 3 December 2013, 4:27 PM, PST)
- Our Favorite Not-Strictly-Horror Films (From FEARnet. 27 November 2013, 1:00 PM, PST)
- 'Breaking Bad' guys, Amy Poehler and more do 'Celebrities Read Mean Tweets' on 'Jkl' (From Pop2it. 22 November 2013, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Fright At Home: November 12th’s DVD & Blu-ray Releases! (From Icons of Fright. 12 November 2013, 12:24 PM, PST)
- Review: The Counselor (From Slackerwood. 26 October 2013, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Indie Spotlight (From DailyDead. 13 October 2013, 11:28 AM, PDT)