Toronto — Canadian immigration officials have denied U.S. actor Randy Quaid's request for permanent resident status in Canada.
A Canadian government official confirmed late Saturday his request for permanent status has been denied. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. Quaid can appeal the decision to the federal court.
U.S. officials last year refused to seek extradition of the actor and his wife from Canada to face felony vandalism charges in Santa Barbara, California, but authorities in the coastal town say they'll still have the couple arrested if they return to the states.
Quaid's trouble began in 2010 when he and his wife were arrested for causing more than $5,000 damage at a hillside home they were renting. »
Similar News ItemsHeath Ledger
- 5 Comic Book Characters Who Were Poorly Recast (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2014, 4:43 PM, PDT)
- 8 Theories About The Origins Of Heath Ledger’s Joker (From Obsessed with Film. 18 October 2014, 12:59 AM, PDT)
- The Definitive Scary Scenes from Non-Horror Movies: 30-21 (From SoundOnSight. 17 October 2014, 6:01 PM, PDT)
- 15 Outlandish New-But-Familiar-Sounding TV Pilots (From Moviefone. 17 October 2014, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- Movies continue to invade TV with 'Illusionist,' 'In Good Company' series (From EW.com - Inside TV. 15 October 2014, 12:24 PM, PDT)
- 23 movies currently being turned into TV shows (From Den of Geek. 15 October 2014, 10:19 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Adams Takes on Human Trafficking Story ‘Land of the Free’ (From Variety - Film News. 12 September 2014, 6:29 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Adams Sets Actioner ‘Panama’ as His First Post-Prison Project (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 10 September 2014, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- The Dusty VHS Corner: Anthony Hickox, from Sundown to Full Eclipse (From Flickeringmyth. 3 August 2014, 2:11 AM, PDT)