Production has shut down on "Ben and Kate." Just days after the comedy was pulled from the Fox winter schedule, 20th Century Fox Television made the decision to officially cancel the show.
The decision ended up being swift and very final for the critically acclaimed but ratings-challenged comedy.
Although the show had an 18-episode order from the network, production closed abruptly on Friday (Jan. 25), partway through what would have been the 16th episode. The remaining two episodes of the order will not go into production, and there will be no further filming of the current one.
Earlier in the same week, Fox removed the show from its Tuesday-night time-slot, scheduling extra episodes of "Raising Hope" and "New Girl" in its place through the end of February. "Hell's Kitchen" will take over the slot following that. There is no indication of when the un-aired episodes of "Ben and Kate" might appear. »
Similar News ItemsDakota Johnson
- Wrap-Ranker Oscar Poll: What Should Win Best Original Song? (From The Wrap. 8 February 2016, 9:09 AM, PST)
- Bella Heathcote joins Fifty Shades Darker (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 8:31 AM, PST)
- HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: 20 Pairs of Passes to ‘How to Be Single’ With Rebel Wilson, Dakota Johnson (From HollywoodChicago.com. 6 February 2016, 10:12 AM, PST)
- Sun Valley Film Festival Slate Features 'The Man Who Knew Infinity,' 'I Saw the Light' (Exclusive) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 5 February 2016, 5:20 AM, PST)
- Chandor, Cuesta, Faxon Set Next Directing Efforts (From Dark Horizons. 21 January 2016, 7:24 AM, PST)
- Oscar Winners Nat Faxon and Jim Rash to Make Dead Mall for Fox (From shocktillyoudrop. 20 January 2016, 1:58 PM, PST)
Fox Television [us]
- Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ Wins Top Prize at Annie Awards (From Variety - Film News. 6 February 2016, 9:41 PM, PST)
- Jason Patric to Star in Wayward Pines Season 2 (From DailyDead. 5 February 2016, 7:34 AM, PST)
- Fox Orders Workplace Comedy Pilot Directed by ‘The League’ Creator (From Variety - TV News. 4 February 2016, 6:32 PM, PST)