"The Americans," a period drama set in the Cold-War years of the early 1980s, starts its run on Wednesday (Jan. 30). Get into the spirit of things with the opening credits for the show.
Starring Keri Russell ("Felicity") and Matthew Rhys ("Brothers and Sisters"), "The Americans" focuses on a nice, normal, suburban husband and wife who just happen to be Kgb spies. They have to execute counterspies and sneak around Washington while cooking brownies and pretending to be travel agents. Also, their neighbor happens to be a member of the FBI counter-intelligence agency.
The opening sequence reflects this duality perfectly. Images of wholesome, apple pie-style Americana are intercut with visions of the Cold War and icons or the old Soviet Union. As an added bonus, many of the names in the credits are written first in Russian and only later in English.
And there's even a shot of the old video game, »
Similar News ItemsKeri Russell
- Getting Ready With Marisa Tomei—A Deep Dive Into the Star's Beauty Game (From E! Online. 26 February 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Kurt Sutter’s ‘Bastard Executioner’ Casts Stephen Moyer, Katey Sagal, Matthew Rhys (From The Wrap. 24 February 2015, 11:30 AM, PST)
- Oscars: Red Carpet Has its Own Share of Surprising Turns (From Variety - Film News. 17 February 2015, 12:00 PM, PST)
"The Americans" (2013)
- The Americans, Ep. 3.05: “Salang Pass” appropriately handles a challenging topic (From SoundOnSight. 26 February 2015, 1:50 PM, PST)
- On 'The Americans,' Sex Is a Double-Edged Sword (From Indiewire Television. 26 February 2015, 9:08 AM, PST)
- Bastard Executioner FX Pilot Casts Katey Sagal and Stephen Moyer (From Flickeringmyth. 26 February 2015, 8:32 AM, PST)
- Arrow/Flash 'Team-Up' Spinoff to Star Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Others (From TVLine.com. 26 February 2015, 5:13 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2015: 87th Academy Awards: As it happened (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 February 2015, 3:55 PM, PST)
- Tom Hanks' Da Vinci Code 3 Announces Cast (From Worst Previews. 18 February 2015, 3:24 AM, PST)