"The Americans," a period drama set in the Cold-War years of the early 1980s, starts its run on Wednesday (Jan. 30). Get into the spirit of things with the opening credits for the show.
Starring Keri Russell ("Felicity") and Matthew Rhys ("Brothers and Sisters"), "The Americans" focuses on a nice, normal, suburban husband and wife who just happen to be Kgb spies. They have to execute counterspies and sneak around Washington while cooking brownies and pretending to be travel agents. Also, their neighbor happens to be a member of the FBI counter-intelligence agency.
The opening sequence reflects this duality perfectly. Images of wholesome, apple pie-style Americana are intercut with visions of the Cold War and icons or the old Soviet Union. As an added bonus, many of the names in the credits are written first in Russian and only later in English.
And there's even a shot of the old video game, »
Similar News ItemsKeri Russell
- First Dibs: When Is Vanity Fair‘s Epic Takedown Of Gwyneth Paltrow Coming Out? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 6 December 2013, 4:45 AM, PST)
- Keri Russell and hubby headed for divorce (From RealBollywood. 5 December 2013, 9:36 PM, PST)
- Keri Russell Steps Out With Daughter Willa Following Separation News—See the Pic (From E! Online. 5 December 2013, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Keri Russell & Shane Deary Separate (From Entertainment Tonight. 5 December 2013, 11:44 AM, PST)
- Keri Russell on Home Burglary: 'The Police Were So Great' (From PEOPLE.com. 5 December 2013, 7:55 AM, PST)
- 'Arrow' recap: Barry Allen flashes in for 'The Scientist' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 4 December 2013, 6:31 PM, PST)
"The Americans" (2013)
- Keri Russell reveals split from husband Shane Deary after burglary raises questions (From Pop2it. 6 December 2013, 8:38 AM, PST)
- Critic's Picks: The 8 Most Underappreciated Supporting Actors (and Characters!) on TV (From Indiewire. 6 December 2013, 8:08 AM, PST)
- Critic's Picks: The 8 Most Underappreciated Supporting Actors (and Characters!) on TV (From Indiewire Television. 6 December 2013, 8:08 AM, PST)