There are 15 separate branches within the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, but the board of governors for the Oscar organization has decided to separate one more.
Costume Designers will no longer be a part of the overall Designers Branch, which includes art directors, set decorators and production designers, and will instead stand alone as their own entity.
In addition to stronger representation within the Academy, this now means only costume designers will select nominees for that Oscar category, and only those who work on sets will vote for the production design contenders. As part of the same branch, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsBullets Over Broadway (1994)
- Mindy Kaling has a controversial choice for the hottest Disney prince (From Hitfix. 15 June 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Interview: John Cusack Channels Brian Wilson in ‘Love & Mercy’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 3 June 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Ten Best Performances of John Cusack’s career (From Hollywoodnews.com. 3 June 2015, 5:02 AM, PDT)
- New Tomorrowland Trailer Features Time Portals, Lasers, & Killer Androids (From ComicBookMovie. 21 April 2015, 5:59 AM, PDT)
- Check Out These Four Character Posters For Disney's Tomorrowland (From ComicBookMovie. 20 April 2015, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- New International Poster For Disney's Tomorrowland (From ComicBookMovie. 31 March 2015, 6:00 PM, PDT)