NBC is trying to keep at least some of "The Office" family in the fold after the show ends.
Craig Robinson, who plays warehouse manager Darryl Philbin on the show, is teaming up with "Office" executive producer Greg Daniels and writer Owen Ellickson for a comedy pilot. Robinson will play a musician who gets a job teaching music at a middle school (Robinson himself is a proficient piano player).
Ellickson, who's also worked on "The King of Queens" and "Friends With Benefits," is writing the pilot and executive producing with Daniels, Tracy Katsky, Howard Klein and Mark Schulman. Robinson will have a producer credit.
Other pilot pickups and castings:
- CBS has greenlit a comedy pilot based on the movie "Bad Teacher." Hillary Winston ("Community," "Happy Endings") is writing it, and the movie's writers, Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, are among the executive producers.
- Also at CBS, drama pilot »
Similar News Items"The Office" (2005)
- TV Review: ‘Superstore’ (From Variety - TV News. 24 November 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- Slideshow: Rainn Wilson Releases New Book ‘The Bassoon King’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 22 November 2015, 5:02 AM, PST)
- TVLine Items: Briga Heelan on Crazy Ex, New Younger Return Date and More (From TVLine.com. 19 November 2015, 1:11 PM, PST)
"The Daily Show" (1996)
- France Leads International Emmy Awards as Winners Honor ‘Victims of Despair and Hate’ (From Variety - TV News. 23 November 2015, 5:48 PM, PST)
- Larry Wilmore Interviews ‘Radical’ Muslim on Nightly Show (From Mediaite - TV. 17 November 2015, 8:50 AM, PST)
- John Oliver Tackles Paris Attacks with ‘Moment of Premium Cable Profanity’ (From Variety - TV News. 15 November 2015, 11:21 PM, PST)
- Donald Trump Ad Features Hillary Clinton Laughing Over Benghazi Wreckage (Video) (From The Wrap. 23 November 2015, 10:55 AM, PST)
- Ellen DeGeneres Mashes Up Hillary Clinton, Ariana Grande in Booty-Smacking Clip (Video) (From The Wrap. 23 November 2015, 8:26 AM, PST)
- Hillary Clinton Fights for Women's Rights 'Once and For All' (From Indiewire. 23 November 2015, 6:57 AM, PST)